Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanks Giving















November has been beautiful. I am so thankful for this month. We usually spend thanksgiving with Dave's family. But this year they are gone to other parts of the country so we will be home and spending it here with friends. I *know* if we would not have been planning to be here for Thanksgiving that I would have our Christmas trees up and trimmed this week. Since we will be here, it has been nice to focus on Thanksgiving a little more and decorate the house for it.

We wanted to spray paint some leaves for a garland, so I ended up taking the gold paint outside and spraying the leaves directly on the trees. With any other color this would have been weird...but the gold lightly misted other leaves in the area, and now (even after I picked the leaves and took them in for the garland) our outside trees look fairy dusted :)

We made the turkeys in art class. Sooo cute. We also made yellow school buses out of large poster board, Indian corn drawings, watercolor leaves, and pipe cleaner sculptures- NO! I didn't get pictures of all of the projects! Sigh...you just have to imagine the cuteness :-)

And the leaves have been gorgeous! (not just my golden leaves) Our yard is beautiful and when I see the piles of leaves on the ground I do not despair- leaves on the ground means work for the kids to do! And exercise for me.

Happy Thanksgiving! SOOOOOOOOOO much to be thankful for :-)

5 comments:

Debby said...

Your house is such a fun place. Love those turkeys . The chalkboard on the porch is perfect.

Debby said...

Your house is such a fun place. Love those turkeys . The chalkboard on the porch is perfect.

gailsgarden said...

I enjoyed the happy tour! Thank you!

Monica said...

I just love all the color in your house. It's so happy! Love the cute turkeys and I bet all the other art was amazing.

Where did you get such bright chalk?? I love all your chalk art.

Gini Mincy said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures -- I love your Thanksgiving banner and the turkeys were so cute!!