Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Marbled Ornaments (from art class #20)




 

The kids and I cannot get enough of the marbling process!!!!! It is seriously so fun and easy and instantly gratifying- always many "oohs" and "ahhhhs"

I think I saw this idea here first. (but wait, she is using spray paint...guess that works too!)

Basically you fill a bowl with water, pour in some different colors of nail polish (crack open a window at this point!), then dip your ornament in the water- swirl around a little, pull it out and hang to dry.

5 comments:

gailsgarden said...

So pretty! I wonder if they are on the gift list.

Jennifer said...

i want to try this next year. very cool!

Lydia said...

Oh. Those are gorgeous. Beautiful!! I think I will
do this with my mom!

Jacqueline said...

Hey Sara! I did this too :) Your's are way prettier though. My niece thought mine was an apple lol. I miss you guys tons!!

Renee said...

The year we did these my 2 year old pulled down the Christmas tree, and all the glass ornaments broke. Found out the paint inside hadn't dried and my carpet has never been the same ;o)