Wednesday, August 21, 2013

we still love terrariums

 He turned 12 this past week! I can't believe I have a 7th grader!!!!!! He is going into the youth group, and so excited about it.

He is the one who did the terrarium project for the science fair, so when I saw these:

 Candy rocks! I decided to make a terrarium cake.


 Then, last minute, we scrounged up every jar we had and made terrariums using moss and weeds :)




He did tell me he is a little old for theme parties...but HEY! I am the party planner!!! Hahah. I could not help myself. Poor guy- when he is 16 I will probably make a drivers' license cake :)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

cute! (and i have mine in the window)

Marsha said...

I have one in the youth group now, too. Where did the time go? I love the terrarium cake, too. Very creative.

gailsgarden said...

Tell him he has no choice when he has such a creative mom. He will cherish the memories even if he rolls his eyes....
And you know I love the cake!

Priscilla said...

Happy birthday, Wes! I can't believe he is old enough for youth group, either. The last time we saw him in person, he was 3 yrs. old (I think). Now that is just sad:-(