Monday, June 3, 2013

the art fair recap

 Marilou and I set up our booth...we were allowed a 10'x10' space- I was surprised at how big that space was. We could have added another table!


 So many of our sweet friends came to see us! Hah, we joked that we would not have sold anything if it weren't for our friends! Here is Candace and her sister (I know for a fact that her sister came all the way from Atlanta probably just to shop Funky Fibers and Sara's Art House :) I only got a few pictures, but thank you to friends and new friends that we met on Saturday for shopping and for your encouragement!


 So you remember my Be Happy painting? ^....I sold it :(
I had just grabbed a ton of paintings off the wall, and this one sold...I didn't realize how attached I was until I got home and saw the bare spot....


So I quick took another canvas I had on hand and painted a similar Be Happy....whew...I feel better now. But this past weekend really showed me how attached I get to my paintings! It was really windy on Saturday and my canvases would blow around and frames and canvases and other stuff fell on the ground and got knocked around and it just killed me. Its like taking your favorite home decorations and throwing them in the dirt...


Funny how some things strike a chord in people. This little canvas was picked up by several people. Some want it bigger, some want it in other colors, and it finally sold. You can't beat that verse!! I guess I needed to meditate on those words when I was hyperventilating over my paintings getting wrecked! :) All in all a good day....

6 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm sad I couldn't come. Next time!!!! I love everything I can see in these pictures. You and Marilou are so talented!

joyfullness said...

Hey Sara!! I thought of you on Saturday and am glad your show went well..your art is awesome.. I too, especially have admired your BE HAPPY canvas art.. You are so funny (and amazing) that you came right home and duplicated it on the spot! Wow! Joyfully..

Jennifer said...

Looks so good!! sorry I missed it. hope you did well

Joy said...

I've followed your blog for years, check in once in awhile... WOW... so much inspiration here... I think I'll get my paints back out! A BIG thanx to you!

Sara Merritt said...

Oh, what fun! I bet everyone loved coming to your booth!!

I was getting caught up on your blog -- any chance you could make your art classes into an e-book? I know I would buy it for sure!! :) Love those little foxes.

Connie said...

I would have loved to be there. Your booth was wonderful. It is easy to see why your painting sold . . . lovely words to live by.
Stay happy.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)