Saturday, December 22, 2012

me, me, me! It's all about me!! (and us)






I am thankful for my dear hubby who has made it a priority for us to get out on dates. He has inspired me, and those weeks when we have not been able to get out, we have made a special dinner (once frozen Chinese, once his fave; lasagna). You know how when you sometimes get in a rut in your marriage? We had been like that a little bit...but when we went away to Boone in Aug- we feel like things got revitalized and we determined to have regular dates- at least every other week, but even the "other" week when we do not have an official date, we try to date at home (sometimes sending the kids up to the playroom for a few hours while we eat or watch a "mommy-daddy" movie).

I am so thankful for this guy! He puts up with my drama. He puts up with a lot from me- but he is still so sweet and kind and he makes me feel lovable. I think that is one of the greatest gifts you could ever give someone- make them feel (you have to really believe it) like you adore them. I want to give that gift to Dave (he is easy to love and he is adorable). I want to give that gift to my kids and to my family and friends. And I know I have not been very good at this, simply because I get distracted with...myself, and me, and my stuff, and my concerns. I am sorry, family and friends! I (I, I, I) will ask God for His help to keep my focus on HIM and YOU and YOU and YOU and YOU!

Love,
Me :)

3 comments:

Kellie said...

You're soooo cute! Always wanting to be just a little bit more Christlike than the day before... that is a great quality! Love you friend for real!

Jennifer said...

you two are so stinkin' cute! It is really important to get out.

Stacy said...

Thank you for your blog. It always inspires me. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.