Thursday, July 19, 2012

Watermelon + 4th of July

 Have you ever had a yellow watermelon? The kids usually try to sneak one in the grocery cart. So for the 4th of July we got a yellow one and a red one. Red is so much better to me. Even though, if you close your eyes, they taste almost the same. Funny optical illusion.






 4th of July table setting.


 Our version of this.


Our sad version of this red/white/blue drink. Didn't work for us. One strike against pinterest! Fruit punch + blue Gatorade + 7up= ugly, purple, and weird tasting drink! haha


Light my sparkler, Daddy!




While they set off fireworks, I ate the Trader Joe's meringue cookies mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

This is called the fire dance.



He's hot :)


It has been so long since I have painted anything! Nice to have some inspiration. 

 

6 comments:

Susan S. said...

Oh Sara....your blog ALWAYS makes me smile...I love all the color!! I've been a bad blogger lately...with work, vacation, Pinterest...I've neglected my blog! I'm with you on watermelon...it NEEDS to be red! I saw a Blue Japanese melon on Pinterest this week. They said it was VERY expensive. :) Happy Summer Ya'll!

The Ravert Family said...

I was just wondering if when you paint, do you paint he words or do you use a marker? I love to paint, but my letters are just not so neat.??.?.?

Kimberly said...

I think i like yellow watermelon better...

Lydia said...

We love yellow watermelon. I didn't even know it existed until the 4th, when we had it at my brother's. Yummy! You had a nice family Independence Day!! Looks relaxing:)

Jara said...

We tried the pinterest red, white, blue drink as well and got a big purple drink as well, booo:(

Ravert Family...I think I've seen before that she uses a sharpie, isn't that right Sara??? I think I got that idea from you too:)

sara's art house said...

I do use a sharpie- and now they have the paint marker sharpies!