Monday, July 23, 2012

please step into our garden

The flowers are blooming in here. May seem strange to outfit your kids' bathroom with flowers (especially when 2 of them are boys) but well....maybe the flowers will make it smell better :) :)


This poor bathroom was very confused for years. There was a fish border at the top and I procrastinated soo long- finally, I just did it...I scraped that wonderful border off the wall. Then it was like I could not get it onto shape fast enough. I said to myself, "I am going to the thrift store and finding flower art for the walls." That is what I saw in my head- flowers all over the place. So, today I went to my favorite-est thrift store and found that rose/strawberry painting with the gold (!) frame...(yes, Mom, I like gold now!) ...good thing too, because almost all the hardware in this bathroom is shiny gold. And I am embracing it.

The towels and shower curtain are all thrifted too and I just love the eclectic 'flower-y-ness' of it all. 

I put the striped fabric in a hoop- because flowers look super with black and white stripes.

I also found that round black tray with flowers (upper right hand corner, above towels)....it just all came together for me and this bathroom is now a happy place. The Peace on Earth art is by Katie Daisy- and I love it all year round...and it might just encourage my kids in the right direction when they are tempted to fight with a sibling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (anyone else having those lovely summer fights?!)


9 comments:

Jennifer said...

looks so cute....so, what is your favorite thrift store?

Sarah said...

I still want you to come happy up my house!

Sarah said...

What do the kids think? Love the different colors and vintage-y feel

Kellie said...

so how do the "men" like it hee hee! the bird on the shower curtain looks like the one from The Partridge Family... so maybe have the kids sing it every time they argue LOL!

Mom of 5 said...

I could never pick these things out and imagine them looking good together, but it looks GREAT! I am so in love with that shower curtain!!!!!

Jara said...

Majorly having the summer fights:( Mine get $'s deducted from their allowance when it happens:(

Love your shower curtain fabric, did you make or buy that?

Hope you are having a fantastic summer!

sara's art house said...

Jen- Guardian Angel Thrift!

Jara- Got the shower curtain at a thrift store, it was already a shower curtain :)

sara's art house said...

Oh, and the kids like it fine- didn't say much :)

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the shower curtain!!!!!