Friday, June 15, 2012

craig's list score!

 Oh my dear! I am thanking the Lord for His kindness to us today! I have been looking for a couch for a long while now on Craig's list. I have seen some possibilities...but nothing great. Until last night when I saw a listing that had just been listed at about 10:30pm. The listing was for a brown leather couch, loveseat, chair, and ottoman. They looked good and were priced at $250 for all!!! I have yet to see such a good deal for couch/loveseat/chair/ottoman! (they are in great shape, very sturdy, very comfy)

My green plaid couch is still there :) I cannot part with that thing! We have held all of our babies on that couch...I slept on that couch at the end of each pregnancy! Dave tells me it is just a "thing"...but I am going to keep that "thing" until it falls apart.
 

 It was just purely the Lord who allowed us to get this deal! People were calling the guy like crazy and someone was going to look at them today at 11:00, but since we said we could come at 9am with cash- he let us come and take them away!!! yay! I am so happy with my new living room.


My son said that our living room looked like a "real" living room now! :) I'll take more pics later, but I just had to share- and hopefully encourage you to keep at the Craig's list shopping!

10 comments:

Monica said...

What a GREAT find! We just moved across the country and I'm hoping to find some Craigslist deals when we're finally settled!

Stephanie said...

Nice! Our friends scored a new couch from craigslist recently too. I never think to look on there, guess I need to start.

Jennifer said...

Yeah for you!! I love it! What a steal!! Gotta love Craigs List. We got our kitchen table and chairs off of there. The chair and ottoman look so cozy!!

Tammy said...

Wow Sara, that's fantastic! They look great in your living room! Congrats!

Debby said...

It looks nice Sarah. Leather is the way to go with pets and little ones. It really fits in nicel with all the color. Hope you are enjoying the spring/summer weather.

Jeremy and Amy said...

So happy for you!!! What a deal!

Lydia said...

Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I know you have been looking- and leather is PERFECT when you have kids and animals- no stains:) I adore Craigslist:)

Connie Carlson said...

Beautiful! What a deal! God is so good!

sarahssweeties said...

What a blessing! Looks great!

Crafty Mischief said...

Nice! I wouldn't have pegged you for a brown leather couch girl, but it totally meshes with your funky style! Love it!