Thursday, November 17, 2011

sugar + spice

My kids' creativity makes me happy. Here is a pillow stitched by our 10 year old.

The back...


....and the front. I know he is planning to give it away for Christmas- I just hope it is to me!! :)



Poor Sadie couldn't see.


So she got a haircut.


Our kitchen smells good right now! For art class today we drew shapes on paper, outlined them with sharpies, painted with glue, then sprinkled on spices.


I saw the idea here.


By the end of the project the kids were passing each other spices and identifying them by smell- nice...we can count that lesson as science and cooking classes too :) Mmmm, and my house still smells cinnamon-curry-pepper-nutmeg-paprika-ish (kinda a weird combination..)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a very weird combo of smells going on, haha. But cool idea! The pillow is great, I hope you get it too :)

Lydia said...

Oh- I love that spice idea!!!! Gonna do that with drawn Christmas trees.

Kellie said...

Fall is such a FUN time of the year!