Tuesday, November 15, 2011

sprinkles on top



This year I spared some of the mess and made the dough and baked the cookies myself. Then I let them loose with the icing and sprinkles....


The kids have not been that hyper since...I think, Oct 31! They were allowed to sample a few cookies...but who knows how much icing they secretly licked?!





Last year we made these pilgrim hat cookies- but these are tastier- and easier! We got the new chocolate covered oreos with mint flavor (similar to thin mints, made with just one bottom cookie). The kids squirted on a circle of yellow icing and put a rolo on top of that- then we added a little square buckle with icing.


God's gorgeous artistry.


yum...pretty...colored sugar...bright...fun..


sticky...messy...totally worth it and fun to photograph :)

7 comments:

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

Your cookies are gorgeous! You're the only person I "know" who makes there cookies look so artful. :)

Jennifer said...

looks totally yummy!

Kellie said...

How fun... nothing better than frosting cookies with the kids! I miss those days... but soon my "kids" will be coming to make gingerbread houses - can't wait! It is a tradition regardless of their age!

Lydia said...

So colorful!

The Ravert Family said...

So fun! I love making cookies...I just made some today with my 2 year old son...he is quite proud of his cookies :)

sarahssweeties said...

Those look so yummy! I think I am going to make some sugar cookies for our Thanksgiving dinner this weekend!

Brooke said...

Thank you, thank you! My daughter has "snack basket" for preschool tomorrow, and those pilgrim hats are perfect!! So great to coordinate with their Thanksgiving feast.

I have fall cookie cutters that in my heart I want to use...buy my mind is afraid of the mess and aftermath. Your photos tipped the scales for me. Why buy cookie cutters if you need a clean house?

If I loved a clean house I never should have had four kids! Ha! We're breaking out the cutters AND the sprinkles and we're going to town. Thanks for reminding me that memories, although they come with messes, are sometimes really worth it.