Friday, November 4, 2011

pumpkin eating pirate



I am ecstatic! Dave ordered me a new camera for my birthday! (yes, my birthday was in June, it's a long story :) - A purple camera, no less! I am so thankful for my camera phone. It has gotten us through these camera-less weeks...but it gives me fuzzy photos.

I was a pirate. We also had a spiderman in the family and 2 cow...people

One of the cow-people.

It rained on Halloween! But it sorta worked in their favor- they braved the drizzle and people gave them more for their efforts.

Mmmm- they are getting more savvy with age and know when we steal from them. Oops. yes, as a matter of a fact I did take the butterfinger.


Goodwill has been extremely good to me lately- first of all: we had a new Goodwill open up...............drumroll...................3 minutes from my house!!!!!!!!!!!! You can bet we were there for the grand opening!!! It was packed out- that day I got this beautiful globe! YAY.....

You will not believe what I got at Goodwill yesterday--all assembled--already up in my living room- at a dirt cheap price. You'll have to wait til I get pictures of it.....


We made penguins :)

And in other fallish news: we made pumpkin granola. Every single person in our house loved it. The house smelled so good while it was baking. I am definitely making it again and maybe other granola flavors?

We also made Pioneer Woman's pumpkin muffins- they were gobbled up too :) We didn't make the frosting. They are just as good without.

7 comments:

Debby said...

I love your style........and I have a purple camera, too.

Stephanie said...

You got a Christmas tree!!!!! Love the globe!

Creatively Content said...

Welcome back Sara. That pumpkin granola sounds perfect. I am really excited about it...great cozy food. I love cozy.

Monica said...

So here I am scrolling as quickly as possible to see your Goodwill finds and see: an Oreo penguin! You make me laugh, even when you don't mean to! :)

sarahssweeties said...

You are so much fun! I want to go Goodwill shopping with you!

Ruth said...

Sounds like so much fun. The treats you share sound yummy. We don't even have a Goodwill store in our state!! I wish we did. I did find some great things at a local thrift store the other day and posted them on my blog.

Ruth

Shannon said...

I'm so jealous of that globe...fabulous!!!