Saturday, November 5, 2011

before you throw something at me...I promise it is a Thanksgiving..........

....tree!

Yes, (Steph :) I found this tree at Goodwill - already assembled. I brought it home and didn't know where to put it until Dec. And could not bear to take it apart- so......


We decorated it with burlap, acorns, pumpkins, gourds, mustard and coral ribbon, and basically anything orange or brown we could find.


When December comes, we will take off the fall decor and put on the Christmas!


I'm thinking I should just leave it up year round.....



Can't you see it in February with pink lights, red hearts, and white doilies?!?!

10 comments:

Jeremy, Holly, Haven and Jovie said...

fantastic!

pattie said...

Very pretty...and I have a feeling that tree will be there just a wee bit past the Christmas season!!:)

sarahssweeties said...

Only you could get by with this! I love it!

Monica said...

I wouldn't throw anything at you if it was a CHRISTMAS tree! I love it!

Ruth said...

Great idea!! You can write what you're thankful for on leaves and add them to the tree throughout the month. Love the harvest accents on the tree.

Ruth

Charlotte said...

My mom has a smaller tree she leaves up year round. She has ornaments for every season and holiday that she changes out. She gets a lot of them from online swaps so they are all homemade, but different.

Jennifer said...

you are so funny!! Is that presents under the tree or just the tree skirt?

Mr. Ted said...

I LOVE IT!!! I was sitting in our livingroom this afternoon and thinking about bringing out the lighted garland since everything gets so dark so early now! Hmmm!
Love your ideas, cousin! Kari

Shannon said...

Lovely! You totally pulled it off!

Stephanie said...

I agree you're the only one that could pull off a Thanksgiving tree! And you pulled it off fantasticly! I want to put all my Christmas decorations up already!!!!