Sunday, October 2, 2011

wordy update

Dave and I at the Cheesecake factory a few weeks ago- me with my 2 loves: Dave, and Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmm


1. We attended the funeral of a dear friend's mom. Not too long ago we attended the funeral of a sweet friend's father. I have not been to a funeral in years before these two. It made me think a lot. Made me think how short life is, how sweet life is, how even sweeter heaven will be. How thankful I am that these parents of my friends were Christians and are in an amazing place right now with Jesus! WOW. Amazing. I think I want balloons at my funeral- and I want the song, I Can Only Imagine played...check out the words if you don't know them:


I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine.

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!
I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine!

Copyright: ©1999 MercyMe

...........

I wrote this down after hearing it at Jen's Mom's funeral:

* Live each day preparing to see Jesus (I lOVE this! I am going to paint it on our wall)


2. OK- The Lord must be telling me something! Thursday nite was our ladies group (Apples of Gold), Nan spoke about the second greatest commandment: Loving your Neighbors as Yourself...it was such a good reminder.....thinking about other's needs- living sacrificially!!!! Then, Pastor preached about restoring our brothers and sisters in Christ- loving them enough to help them, show them things that need to be changed (in love!!), then tonight, we had a college group (Northland) come to our church and sing/preach- they also talked about loving others and forgiving- they also mentioned the 2nd greatest commandment (the first being to Love The Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind)

And there was also the couples' retreat where we were reminded to live sacrificially and love our spouse unconditionally as Jesus loves us.

Wow- I have a lot of work to do with my selfish character....OH my dear! I just thought of something else!!! The kids and I were listening to Adventures in Odyssey in the car on Saturday morning and what was the story about?! I Cor. 13- the Love chapter- loving others unconditionally! (I cried when I listened to that story...let me see if I can find the link so you can listen to it: Here is the link- it's called Wooten Knows Best.

3. We got to see Courageous again! Friday night was opening night. Let me tell you- I cried again all through it! Laughed, cried, laughed, cried! Tell me if/when you see it and how you like it. (it's no wonder the story line is so fantastic- it's written by Randy Alcorn- my favorite author). The Gospel is so clear and powerful in this movie- but you will also be inspired to be a better parent- you will want to resolve to use every opportunity to love your kids and teach your kids about God.

Transition: from Alcorn to Acorn :) ..........................


4.More edible acorns! Jen made these with her kids and I think they look even cuter then the doughnut hole acorns.


5. My cousin's leaf garland- I love this version!

6. My blogging habits have changed. Some reasons for less posts: We are down to one family computer and up to more users in the family. Our eldest now checks his football fantasy team, and we have some educational stuff that the others use once in awhile, and Sadie has to update her facebook profile daily (ha!). My computer died :( But it has been a really good thing for me. I have felt in this past year that I was too dependent on my computer. I have also given up painting (as a business)- it was getting too stressful. SO, all that to say- my life is much more simple and focused on the hubby and kids and church- the important things!!!! I am so happy. Seriously, I am peaceful right now. I want to bottle this season of life and keep it forever. But I still love to blog and will get on here when I can. The thing I am sad about is that I don't get to comment on your blogs as much as I would like. If you feel like I have neglected you, please don't take it personal- blame it on Sadie and her 469 friends :)

Hope you have an awesome week! The weather here is fallish and I am giddy with excitement about the boot and scarf and sweater weather. :)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

glad you like the acorns! Love that song. I want "just think of stepping on shore and finding it heaven" (don't know what it is called) Thanks for a sweet post:)

Debby said...

I Can Only Imasgine is my favorite song. I wanted it played at my Dad's funeral. I always think of it when someone dies, it helps. I actually heard it on the readio today. How ironic.

Lydia said...

My funeral song is "The Best is Yet to Come" by Scott Krippayne. Dave needs to sing it at church so we can all cry. Love all your pics. I'm with ya on the computer time, life is so much better when things are simple!!! Can't wait to see "Courageous"- one of these days we'll get a date:) Or maybe we'll just buy it when it comes out on DVD- that sounds like a plan!

Sarah said...

I love reading your posts and seeing your pictures. But I am also very glad you are doing what you feel is right for your family. I am doing the same thing, and it's really ok!

Stephanie said...

I too have been blogging less, I love it and miss it at times, but it takes up a lot of time and family is much more important. But I still try to stop and check in with all my blogging friends and post every now and then.