So tonight- I put on Christmas music (Oh shoot! I should not have told you that!!!!) and made pumpkin pancakes!!!!
That was my healing moment! It was dark and rainy outside, the kitchen was warm and cinnamon smelling, and the pumpkin pancakes were yummy and comforting (maybe not the greatest for my cholesterol?!?!....next time I'll leave off the butter...)
Wow. I must be getting old if I am worrying about that!!!
So if you need a warm and cozy moment go make these........:)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I didn't use)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.