Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I had a moment................

Yesterday I went for my yearly physical....my cholesterol is a little high :( But other than that it was good! Good news was I didn't have to have the you-know-what test- I only have to do that every 3 years! Yay....Anyway- she convinced me to get a flu shot ((which I did not want to do))- and I did and have felt terrible ever since- my arm is SORE, and achy and blah blah... (now I know why my poor kids have a hard time getting shots!!!)




So tonight- I put on Christmas music (Oh shoot! I should not have told you that!!!!) and made pumpkin pancakes!!!!


That was my healing moment! It was dark and rainy outside, the kitchen was warm and cinnamon smelling, and the pumpkin pancakes were yummy and comforting (maybe not the greatest for my cholesterol?!?!....next time I'll leave off the butter...)

Wow. I must be getting old if I am worrying about that!!!


So if you need a warm and cozy moment go make these........:)

PumpkinPancakes

  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I didn't use)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

that's why i never get flu shots!! Hope you feel better.

Sonja said...

Sometimes, you just need Christmas music! I've hear the flu shot is one of those lots of people react to - I hope you feel better swiftly!

sweet and lovely crafts said...

I broke out the Christmas music today too!

Monica said...

I LOVE that you played Christmas music! My daughter and I have been listening to it every now and then since last month! :)

Pumpkin pancakes sound yummy. I have a recipe too, but yours is different. I'll have to try it.

Stephanie said...

Jackson's already watching Christmas movies! Thanks for the recipe, sounds yummy!

Kellie said...

Awww poor Sara... but nothing like pancakes to cheer you up and besides comfort food never harms cholesterol LOL!

Sarah said...

Yummy ! That sounds good!

Debby said...

My cousin never believed in flu shots. She died this year H1
N1. It was the worst death I have ever experienced. I miss her so much. So, I am glad that you had your flu shot. Your arm will feel better in a couple of days. I would hate to see your family go through what our family had to.

pam said...

Just the smell alone of pumpkin pancakes is healing! And coupled with Christmas music - that will cure almost anything!

I do wait until November 1st for Christmas music - no reason really except that Nov. 1 is MY personal first day of the holiday season and Christmas music is one way i celebrate that.

Now you have me hungry for pumpkin pancakes! Or maybe i will try out the recipe for Pumpkin French toast I just found!

Marji said...

I, too, was prepared to fight off my doctor's insistence that I get a flu shot, but he won (I was a captive there since I was in for my annual physical). My arm is sore and I am tired from lack of sleep (no comfortable position), and now, two days after, red patches are developing on my upper arm. I'm not convinced it's worth it since I have never had the flu.

BTW, your blog brightens my day with the wonderful colors and spirit. Thanks.