Friday, September 30, 2011

that special age



Snack time. Our kindergartner is learning about her teeth. "Yes, Dear, your teeth are just like marshmallows stuck in peanut butter-like gums."


I love our kindergarten curriculum, I really do. This is the 3rd time through it and we all enjoy the little experiments each time- Once again- the tooth (hard-boiled egg) put in the Coke turned brown....and all of our brushing could not get it white again. But the milk turned the other egg/tooth a beautiful sparkling white :)

*Remember- All you really need to know you learned in kindergarten. (what will I do when I have no more kindergartners?!?!? Sadie will have to step up to the plate, either that or my older kids will just have to keep reading Dr. Seuss and Eric Carle with me :)

Who has a 5 year old right now, raise your hand. Do you love that age? Do you realize that somewhere in the middle of the kindergarten year they lose their chubby baby cheeks and get real kid cheeks?!

5 comments:

Debby said...

I have three grandchildren that are five, does that count. They are like sponges. I just love the things that they say.

pattie said...

Oh, I know what you mean about losing their "babyness", it's a bittersweet time.. Love watching their little personalities come into focus, though:)

Lydia said...

I noticed today at church that your oldest looks like a young man- no more little boy!!!! The years go by OH SO FAST!!!!

Stephanie said...

I don't want Jackson to lose his baby cheeks!!! At least I still have another year and a half. He started preschool this year it's been so wonderful, I thought I'd be really sad sending him off, but honestly I wish I could go too! These early school years are the best and so much fun!

mrs.pabody said...

We are in this very same spot in our Kindergarten - same curriculum, same experiments. FUN!!!!!!!!!!! (You know it's my first time through, and I can't wait to do this again, already! ;)