Wednesday, September 7, 2011

happy september!

Hello- welcome to our house...c'mon in -although, if you are coming in this front door I'm afraid- no one comes to the front door except the UPS people.


Our Eric Carle inspired wall!




This Rooster's off to see the world


Bonus # 657 of having a schoolroom- space to spread out.



Sadie studying the calendar


Our Eric Carle inspired project- #1 - read his books. #2- paint lots of paper with different colors + textures...........


Maybe read and paint at the same time- why not?!



Cut shapes out of the designs you painted....ask your dog to help



Revel in the colors and textures.


Cut many circles and glue them on. Circles are always a good choice.



Stick the artwork on the wall and be amazed at how happy it makes you....

10 comments:

Sonja said...

I LOVE the Eric Carle projects! Have you seen/read the book "The Art of Eric Carle"? It has a big centerfold that shows him painting his papers. I heart that book. :)

gailsgarden said...

I love the rooster. Did #1 child make it? But then I am really in to roosters and hope to have one some day. I don't even care if he crows all night like Percy...but someone may care!

Shannon said...

This is FABULOUS!!! Love it...and *may* have to steal it!

Sarah said...

I LOVE it!!!

Lydia said...

I love that wall- it makes me happy too:) Sadie is SO cute!!!! Thomas acts like a dog most of the time and he loves to be with us during school. And mealtimes. And bathtimes. He's weird for a cat:)

Doda said...

I love your colourful life!

Gini Mincy said...

lOVE THE ROOSTER, TOO! and all the color!

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

Ellie is *so* into painting right now & we love, love, love Eric Carle. Thanks for the ideas!

Have you seen the Eric Carle Museum? It's in Massachusetts -- roadtrip? We could caravan!

Stephanie said...

Can I go to school at your house! You're an amazing teacher Sara!

sweet and lovely crafts said...

We love the Hungry Caterpillar here too! We just made a caterpillar project using leaves that we collected outside. http://sweetandlovelycrafts.blogspot.com/2011/09/leaf-print-hungry-caterpillar.html

I love your blog!