Wednesday, August 3, 2011

to brighten your day

The pile of place mats in the kitchen.


Even better- Rainier cherries on the place mats. Pretty and delicious. God, You are the ultimate artist.


OK- I can't hide my sugar addiction anymore- ((I could lie to you and say that I eat none of the treats I make, but how can we have a friendship based on lies?!))....this was a very happy treat at our house. And to top it off- I made a mistake and the mistake happened to make it even better!

S'More Pie. I found the recipe here. My mistake was that the dough for the crust was too sticky- I think it is supposed to be sticky- it is more like a cake batter than pie crust dough- so I ended up just putting globs of the dough on top instead of spreading it and covering the whole pie. What made it so good is that the marshmallow creme started puffing up through the holes and got toasted perfectly while baking! See- such a happy mistake.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

i need to learn not to read your blog when I am hungry:)

Kellie said...

You're always a bright spot to the day... and last picture is just YUM!

Sarah said...

You are a true friend! My Andrew would love that pie! We are campers, but smores are one thing I could do without! I know, it doesn't sound American!

JENNY said...

God is the greatest artist! And He is not afraid to go all out: giraffes, flamingos, peacocks...!!! Rainer cherries are the best!
Mmmmmm...that pie looks amazing! I am addicted to sugar. More praise for God: the fact I haven't had any since February. But that s'more pie....

Shannon said...

Living vicariously through you! I'm sticking to my diet this time around...loving the colors and the YUMMY dessert!