Wednesday, August 24, 2011

school


Back to school this year has been extra nice- one reason is because we are in our new classroom. What a huge difference this makes for me! It is like I become a "real" teacher when I walk into this room instead of last year when we used the kitchen table. Then I was mom trying to finish the laundry while teaching math and getting the dishes done.


It is a happy place. I know that this year will have it's challenges, but right now I am so thankful for this slice of peace and happiness.


Also! This is good news...I found this site (blurb.com) where you can make yearbooks! I downloaded the program for free and whenever I take photos of the kids I can immediately add the photos to the book and (I am hoping) that at the end of the year it will be as simple as adding the last photos and clicking 'order book.'


That's our news- school has started and I'm on the yearbook committee. How is your week going?

14 comments:

Kylie said...

And that is exactly why I love having a school room!

Yes it makes a difference to my house if I can clean the kitchen and do laundry whilst the kids are busy working, but I'm not present, in the here and now with them. I'm too busy tidying, washing, cleaning.

With a room I am there right with them in every sense of the word and this has paid off big time for us on many levels.

I love your room, the colours the art, gorgeous :-)

Kellie said...

Fresh start... fresh attitude... and fresh new crayons! What's not to totally love about the start of school?! The baby starts college next week... ouch!

MJ said...

What an awesome school room! I am planning to homeschool my son who is now 3 1/2...I'm already praying for that process! Ha! :) I hope you have an awesome school year!

Jane said...

I have made several books using blurb and they turn out so nicely. The quality is terrific! Glad you are enjoying your new year!

Gabbie said...

You make me want to homeschool!
I wanted to add i started using blurb about 2 months ago, you can also make books like real novel-y books, so i scanned all of my son's stories in and had a graphic novel made for him. might be a nice end of school year objective

Monica said...

:) So now you can add Yearbook Editor to your resume! go Sara!

Sarah said...

That place looks so peaceful. Full of love.

Emily said...

Sara, I love the new blog look! And I'm salivating at your lovely dinners! They look like works of art, in and of themselves. Best wishes in the new school year!

erickson family said...

i sure love those patchwork curtains. did you make those? :) -jolene

erickson family said...

i sure love those patchwork curtains. did you make those? :)

Brittany said...

It IS a happy place! It makes me want to go to school at your house! :)

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

Dear Mrs. Mincy, Please accept my application to become a student at your school. With love, Sara

Yolanda Beatty said...

Hi Sara, I published a book with blurb a few months ago. I was very pleased with the results. You will love it! Yolanda

Stephanie said...

Sounds like your new school room is working out beautifully, and it is beautiful too! I can definitely see how a room would make a world of a difference! Happy school year!