Monday, August 1, 2011

school supplies, laminator love, + the alphabet

New school supplies always make us happy :)


Who knew a laminator could be so much fun?! A friend gave me a small laminating machine (my friends show me love by giving me their junk :) :) I had no idea what I was going to use it for- but then I decided to just try a random collage...it worked! You could scrapbook in minutes with a laminating machine!


Just put your collage in between the plastic sheets and run through the machine. You could do several pages, punch holes in the sides- instant scrapbook! Awesome.

Add a clip and it becomes art for your wall.


I posted photos of our schoolroom, and looking at them I realized I had forgotten the most important feature of a elementary classroom. The Alphabet, for goodness sake!


I quickly remedied that with scrapbook paper, scissors, string, and tape.


And numbers! The term number line takes on new meaning.


kindergarten chic all the way.


What will my excuse be for decorating this way when the kids grow up and leave us??

13 comments:

Chrissie Grace said...

I love everything...it is all so fun and colorful :)

Bethany said...

LOVE the alphabet! Its so fun! :)

Lydia said...

The numbers and alphabet really add to the room. And when the kids all leave home, your decorating excuse will be "the grandkids like it!"

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I love it! We don't home school but I totally want to make the alphabet banner! Maybe a back to school mantle theme? Hmm....

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

This is just too cute...I have home schooled for 22 years and I have never had a room look so great...have a wonderful time

Bethany said...

What a fun school room! Back in the day, when my momma was teaching my siblings and I, we used the dining room table and had a cabinet to hide our school stuff in after-hours... how far home schooling has come!

Stephanie said...

I love the alphabet and numbers, you just gave me a great idea for my new studio/Jackson's art space when I tackle it this fall. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!

heather said...

perfection! :) hope you have a blessed school year!

Inspired Montessori said...

What a joy to see these carefully planned and so creative places and projects! So cool. Come over and see my many art projects, please!
Carolyn

tacky said...

So cute! But cous, I am not even ready to think about school yet!

Donovan Doins said...

Ok Sara, 3 things:
I love, love, love new school supplies (My company fills back packs for needy kids and I look so forward to that and shopping for our homeschool.)
I love, love, love my laminator. (Although I could use your creativity with it. LOL)
And finally, if you could come to Nevada to help with my boys Kindergarten art class I have two other folks that would trade off with you.

But seriously, I so appreciate the colorfulness that God has blessed you with, I learn so much from it.

Robyn Rasmussen said...

The scrapbook letters on a banner is an adorable idea! And, I am inspired to make some of those super cute patchwork curtains! What a great blog you have!
-Robyn from http://www.hotmomshelpfultips.blogspot.com

Paula said...

I just stumbled upon your sight and I love everything! Your kids are very lucky to be home schooled in such an uplifting,creative environment.

paula from http://www.teacherstreasuretrove.com