Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hi, Hello, + Banana Bread

Hi, How are you? I am fine. How was your Sunday? Ours was good. Church was great. I love church. I always get so encouraged and pumped up for the week! God is good and He gives us grace! We cannot get through without Him.


I have been asking myself, "what if...?"

What if I picked up my Bible instead of picking up my phone to check e-mail or my blog 10 times a day?

What if I meditated on a verse every time I went to the bathroom instead of looking at my phone to read a ton of blogs?

What if my children saw me reading my Bible a lot more than they saw me on the computer?

What if I prayed instead of letting my mind wander and worrying over matters that I really need to pray about?

I think we all know the answer to these questions. A lot more wisdom and peace and closeness to my Savior- that is what would happen.

I am going to [with God's help] intentionally try and do these things this week.

Answers to your questions:

The book where I found the vegan recipes was the RAVE diet and lifestyle book. (Like I said, I found it in a 'free' box at our local homeschool store...a store run by a homeschool family. They sell curricula on consignment and also new books. I got 100% of my stuff there this year and saved a ton of money- yes, we are spoiled and I love that place). Here is a link for the book, although, there are so many great vegetarian websites that you probably don't need it- AND, I'm going to give you the banana bread recipe.

My 2 favorite healthy food sites so far:
Two Peas & Their Pod
Fat Free Vegan Kitchen

And, my healthy food pinterest board -you can click on each picture to be taken to it's original site and to see the recipe.


Vegan Banana Bread/(cake)
...................................
4 ripe bananas
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (I used regular whole wheat flour)
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
I cup chopped walnuts (I didn't use)
1 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup applesauce (I used natural applesauce- no sugar)
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350*. Mix flour and baking soda in a bowl. In a large bowl, beat maple syrup and applesauce together. Add bananas and mash them. Stir in water and vanilla, mix thoroughly. Add flour mixture and nuts and stir to mix. Spread in a non stick 9" square baking pan (I greased the pan with butter..and also, I only made a half size of the recipe and put it in a loaf pan- worked well). Bake for 45- 50 min, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let me know if you make it and how it turns out :)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Beautiful reminder to all of us.

Ruth