Wednesday, August 17, 2011

happy face bush man


We see this bush every time we drive on a main road near our house. There are other cute bushes too- a basket shape, a swan, a little house. I threatened the kids that I was going to stop one day- and the other day we did. We got out and knocked on the door...(our 9 year old was mortified, "mom! this is so embarrassing!")

The lady was so nice- she said her husband did all the gardening and that yes, we could take a picture.

That man is a happy gardener!

Local friends, have you seen this? Know which road?


...........................................................
We are starting school on Monday. We are all very ready. Ready for the routine and the challenge to our mushy brains :) Have you started?

8 comments:

Kellie said...

Too cute!

Jennifer said...

Hwy 42/Gov't Road!! I can't believe you got out and asked to take pictures.....how funny!!

Creatively Content said...

that bush would make my drive. I love it!!

gailsgarden said...

Ha, ha! A girl after her dad's own heart! I will tell you for sure that gardeners never mind people stopping to admire their gardens and to take pics. They will even give you guided tours and plant samples. Been there, done that! Tell "the almost 10 year old" that he needs to spend more time with his grampa.

Jara said...

How fun, creative, and cute!

Lydia said...

How cute! We have never seen those bushes! But then...I'm not very observant. Good for you for being brave. I keep threatening the kids over this pink gingerbread house near us...I want to knock on the door and ask if a man willingly lives there:)

JungleMama said...

Sara,
Just wanted to drop in and say Hi and thank yo for your lovely upbeat post. You are a girl after my own heart, I too have a crazy colorful house! I find myself looking to your blog for inspiration almost daily.
The past week I have been bed ridden, (nothing serious just can't walk from MS episode) Your blog (and Dave's too) have helped keep me "UP". Now if I could just get off this stinkin couch and get to all the ideas you've planted in my head!

Monica said...

I LOVE that house and it's bushes! I've never had my camera with me whenever we've driven by, though. How cool that you stopped and got permission to take permission (and not listen to an embarrassed 9 year old! :)