Thursday, August 4, 2011

dollhouse update


The bathroom is coming right along. Fabric patches glue gunned up for window treatments- ric rac glued on top. The mirror was the cover to a candle.


Rug and wall and window treatments done in here! (it's a dining room today- but has been used as a school room and...garage), I used the liquid starch to affix the rug and wall covering. I love this technique- you just paint the liquid starch on the wall- smooth on the fabric, add another coat of the starch- voila! A beautiful non-permanent covering.


The red + green room. I glued on a piece of paper doily first, then glued on the fabric for curtains. Tied back with ric rac.


Landscaping, check


Window boxes, check



We forgot to paint this side of the house a wheat color like the other side...but none of the homeowners seem to notice.


Notice the yellow room (how could you miss it?). You will be proud of me- I let my girl (the true owner of the dollhouse) pick the color and paint it herself.



She did good :) She got paint in her hair, paint on her arms...paint on her ear.........paint on the carpet....



See the precious enamelware pitcher and cups I found at an antique store for a dollar!!??!!? CUTE! *We love them :)


I see this picture and I have to take a deep breath and be OK with Spider Man who has invaded the playroom..


We are having fun :)

Linking to Beyond the Picket Fence.

17 comments:

Kellie said...

This is just too cute... and think of the hours she (& mom!) will have playing in it! And think of the redecorating she (& mom!) can do when she (& mom!) get bored with the current colors! Love it... and all gi joes and action figures are extremely welcome! B3 LOVED it when the guys came for a visit in their army jeep!

Jennifer said...

so cute...and what would a dollhouse be without spiderman?

Sonja said...

The landscaping is the cutest thing, ever! I love those trees and the window boxes.
I can't wait for something more to happen with the balcony/roof garden. (Hint, hint.)
This has been a really fun project to watch. :)

Kim's Treasures said...

Too stinkin' cute!!! What a lucky girl! I LOVE IT!!!

gailsgarden said...

I LOVE the enamelware! Whose house did you say this is???

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

I'm in love.
Can I come play?

pattie said...

So cute! Your daughter did a great job on her room! Leave it to you to think of decorating the outside of the house...if only landscaping were that easy!
p.s. Love the new banner across the top of your blog..are you in a red mood?:)

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I just love it!

Lydia said...

So cute, I love it!! My favorite is the blue and green bedroom. Beautiful:)

Stephanie said...

Best doll house ever! Seriously I want one of my own to decorate, then when I have the urge to change something up I can just go to that... think of the money I'd save, hahaha :)

Sarah said...

What a girl's dream!

Mark and Tricia said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! This makes me happy :) Poor Jenna never had a beautiful doll house like this...

love it!

t

joyfullness said...

sara!! THIS IS TOO MUCH FUN!!! i love love love the outside just as much as all of the details inside your...ehem,,her little house!:)

Obscure Creations said...

Here's a link to my (hopefully) useful Dollhouse building blog. Don't know if you are interested but I like to help anyone who needs/wants any. Nice blog! http://obscurecreationsbytyla.blogspot.com/

michele said...

I was just wondering if you had seen all the fairy gardens around the blogs right now. They seem right up your alley. I did one with my 5 yr old and ended up finishing it myself when she was at grandmas, It's just too hard not to want to play with these ourselves!

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

The dollhouse is *so* cute and I want to live in it {of course}. Please, please, pLeAsE make Spiderman go away... unless of course he's looking after the baby. In that case, carry on Superhero, carry on...

Stacy said...

My son and I made a mini Family Dollar. I have cut and folded so many little boxes and made canned food from dowel rods that I decided I wanted a dollhouse myself and my wonderful husband made me one on his day off! I would love to share some pics with you. You are an inspiration. I love your blog, you r house and your dolhouse too!