Tuesday, July 19, 2011

yomo (our cupcake alternative)




We found another option for our sweet tooth (teeth). Yogurt Mountain (yomo)! You walk in and there's a wall of frozen yogurt flavors for you to choose from and fill your cup with....then you go to the other side and pick your toppings (lots of exciting toppings to choose from)


Then you set it all on their little scale and pay by the pound. Super fun and (a little) better for you. Especially if you get the tropical sorbet topped with raspberries, blueberries, and the lemon zest topping. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The whole time we were in there filling our cups (we were the only ones in the store since it was 11:00 am on the dot..they open at 11) I kept saying- just a little! Pick the light toppings! (I'm so cheap! It averaged out to be about $4 a cup - the cups are big- they want you to fill each with $8 worth! ((now that I think about it- cupcakes are much cheaper.......))

................................................................................................

Our oldest is off at camp. We miss the little guy....things are quieter around here (and I have noticed- the boys room is staying much neater :) Anyway, today I was reading in his Bible (he took his other smaller Bible with him to camp), and it was interesting to see what he had outlined.....the Bible opened to this passage..........................


I was thinking about verses 3 and 4 all day today. Major encouragement! Thanks to my boy for his blue marker. And I know he is getting a lot of good stuff from God's Word at camp....And I am trusting in God to bless and protect my baby who is away from his momma :)

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Yogurt Mtn... haven't been yet but my kids say it is amazing! Knowing me I'd put 1/8 a cup of yogurt and then smother it in $8 worth of toppings! First time at camp? Love Is 26:3!

Sarah said...

I love it. I will need to keep the verse in my heart. Andrew is going to camp in a few weeks. He will be with my pastor, though, and it's not far from here. But still! We need that peace that only comes from HIM!

mollie's mom said...

It is always better when it's the yogurt on the scale - haha!!
marcie@madebymolliesmom.blogspot

Bethany said...

Been to Yogurt Mountain and the experience itself is fun, and the ice cream is amazing!! Fun family activity! ;)

Bevie said...

Hi it's been wonderful visiting your blog, and I too love Is 26:3 Everything we need is in the most loved book, The Bible...blessings, and just love all the goodies here!!! Bevie