Friday, July 22, 2011

what's important?

I was inspired when I read this post. Oh my dear! We have gotten off course this summer! It has been good, in a way, that we have gotten to relax some..but taking a break from reading the Bible to your kids? (that's not a good break to take!)


I did get myself a new journal. TJ Maxx had lots of pretty ones to choose from. I am going to journal my prayers to the Lord in these nice books (instead of the scraps of paper I was using)


So I am inspired to get back to reading The Word with them first thing in the morning. Even though Dave reads to us after supper....the more the better, right?! I also reallllly miss our storytime. I am almost ready for the structure of school....I just have to buy the actual school books, get the school supplies, finish up organizing the school room....and completely organize the rest of the house! But other than that- I'M READY! :)

6 comments:

Kellie said...

First things first...focus on the eternal! PTL!

Monica said...

LOL! I just read the link, and you're right! It IS inspiring! I couldn't help but laugh at her omitting verses and teaching vocabulary through it.

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Do you think the execs at T.J. Maxx know they are doing their part bringing people closer to God? :)

thetruevine said...

I SO hear you!

Sarah said...

This is what I like about you! You are always so right on it. With all that's going through my mind right now with school and organizing (and repainting my kitchen!), I do not want to forget what is really important! And to give my anxieties to him. To pray for HIS will for all of this!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

What a great idea! I recently read "The Help" (loved it btw) and one of the main characters wrote her prayers down in her journal so she would concentrate more on what she was saying in her prayers. I thought it was brilliant! Now I'm even more inspired with your pretty journal! Thanks Sara!