Tuesday, July 26, 2011

too much cuteness




Giant paper mache pencils!!!






Cute snacks-- we are going to learn about the fruit of the Spirit- this might be a good snack to make for that week.




Apple cake pops...perfect for the first day of school.






I am dying to make this...we need a rainbow day...art projects + rainbow cake!




Cute idea for the school room





LOVE! I just got a handful of rulers from a thrift store too!




Weaving a rug on a hula hoop with old t-shirts- super fun.








Source: ohdeedoh.com via Sara on Pinterest



Healthy too :)
................................................
I am overwhelmed with the cuteness. Seriously overwhelmed. I know the cure would be to get off the Internet for about a month. I see so many good ideas. But I can't do it all. I am praying for wisdom as we start our new school year (in 27 days). Wisdom to keep a balance between fun + creative and hard work + discipline.

I want to do the fun stuff!!!!!!!
I don't want to constantly wash the clothes! I want to paint more pictures on the schoolroom wall.

I don't want to clean- I want to make a patchwork pillow for each of my rainbow chairs in the school room!!

I don't want to cook and make a grocery list and organize the kitchen- I want to repaint the canvas over my mantle!!

I don't want to vacuum and dust! I want to decorate the last 2 rooms of the doll house!!!!

.....................................................
See the struggles I have?! I need to buckle down- it is time to be an adult and do the hard stuff. ((and maybe if I do the hard stuff real quick, I can do something fun?!?!?))
See the irony in that we are going to be studying the fruit of the Spirit?! ...............

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Galatians 5:22-24

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha! I hear ya, girl! There's so much I want to do with a pile of laundry behind me. It's hard to be a mom!

Lydia said...

I'm with ya- I'd so rather do the fun, creative things than the housework. I have to constantly remind myself that God called me to motherhood, not to be a furniture painter-LOL! The creative stuff helps me GET through the hard moments of motherhood but doesn't take the place of them. I think balance is the key- it is OK to be creative and have fun! It's what your kids will remember about you!!! And we should totally do a fun cooking class with the kids as a homeschool "field trip" outing.

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh what great ideas! I love the hoola hoop rug one...I am going to check that out!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Hugs!
Kim

Monica said...

umm...which canvas over the mantle are you wanting to repaint? It's not the squares is it?

Susan S. said...

I always love your fun and colorful posts! Those pencils are precious!!!!
Happy Summer Ya'll

thetruevine said...

I could have written those last few lines! This has been my constant struggle most of my adult life. I have so much household responsibility with the number of kids God has given us (and their special needs), but I can't stand housework. I finally allowed myself to quit trying to like it and just do it. :-) Now, if I can just allow myself time *each day* to create!

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

I just said yesterday, "You know, Ellie... Mommy doesn't *really* enjoy cleaning up your messes." Glad I'm not alone. I might just leave the mess and do something fun tomorrow.

christiejayne said...

I loved the Bert and Ernie so much that I made them yesterday! It turned out so cute, and my son loved them! Thanks for the great idea! I put a picture up with props to you on my blog! :)

Lauren said...

Ahhhh...interest...-swoon-!!!!!!

And AMEN on having some fun and enjoying your god-given creativity! That's who u r girl! Chores will always be there.:)