Friday, July 15, 2011

rainbow windows

I have one goal for the summer- and that is to organize the house! Closets, cabinets, drawers, etc, etc...and now summer is half over and I haven't even scratched the surface! On top of that, I have my new schoolroom to work (play) in. Yesterday I decided if I got a certain amount of work done that I could do fun stuff in the school room. I cleaned the bathrooms- cleaned out 2 drawers, packed up junk to take to Goodwill...and...and then I got my reward- I painted windows!!!!!!!

I painted 2 windows in the schoolroom (and another downstairs...I'll show you that later)


And I finished painting the tree...finally.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

**Face paint answer: we used acrylic paint. I researched a bunch of washable paints and regular face paint- it all comes off too easily- or goes on too watery. Acrylic works the best. Washes off skin with soap and water. If it gets on your clothes- you are in trouble...unless you get it ASAP with a baby wipe or wet cloth.

6 comments:

Kellie said...

What a fun window for the school room! You have fun "working" in there!

SUPAHMAMA! said...

Did you have to use any special paint for painting the window, or did acrylics work?

The Queen said...

I love your curtains!!! They look so cute, colorful, and easy to do!! I am going to remember this for when I get my own classroom. I love the rainbows too, so fun!!

Shannon said...

I LOVE your rainbow!!!! What did you use to paint it? I NEED one!!!

Sarah said...

I heart that tree!!!

Jill said...

I lOVE the tree and rainbow! We, especially Laura, are on a rainbow kick right now, as you probably realized! I'm going to make sure she sees your post here! Good for you for being disciplined enough to set goals and rewards for yourself! I'm not sure I've got it in me! :-)