Monday, July 11, 2011

out on the town (cupcakes were involved)

It was the last day that my parents would be with us before they headed back to the great North. So we had to take them to our favorite spot of town.......



First stop- Tropical Smoothie Cafe- thank goodness they loved the flatbreads as much as me.


I got the cappuccino smoothie and was very happy. Not to be left out, the lego men also came with us.


I only went to Gigi's Cupcakes for them- I promise- I had no desire for another sinful cupcake ;) ((is it bad that I have been there 3 times in the past 3 months?!? Yes- the scale tells me so))


Carrot cupcake dissected.


Do they like it?


Hmmm, Mom's look says it is going to send her into anaphylactic shock. Dad's look tells me I must get the sugar addiction from him.


We browsed the cute shops....these precious bouquets were at Fresh Market- super cheap. Husbands/boyfriends listen up: Fresh Market has gorgeous flowers for a steal.


.............................................................
In other news...last night Dave and I switched rooms! His office is now the school/art room and my art room is now his office.............................................



Lots to do!!! But the kids were super excited when they saw it this morning.


I'm off to get this room into shape! Have a great Monday :)

12 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderfully "sweet" last day with your parents! Fun! And I have to ask... did you dress your daughter to match the boots in the photo... or pass the boots to match your daughter?! Too cute... gotta love polka dots!

Krystle Watters said...

I'm so glad your parents got to visit, but we can't wait to have them back! Thanks for posting pics. :) Have fun with your new room makeover!

Stephanie said...

Love your daughters hat!

And I love a room swap, can't wait to see before and after shots!

pattie said...

Your folks are so cute:)
Have fun with your new room project--isn't it just energizing to switch things up? Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Jenn A said...

What is that quote on your chalk board? I can only see part of it..."I long to accomplish..." Please tell us the whole thing. It sounds like a good MOM quote. =)

Lydia said...

The photo of your parents is hilarious- your Dad definitely seems to be happy about his dessert:) Can't wait to see your new schoolroom- I'm excited for you. You've inspired me to reorganize mine....

Jara said...

Love your daughters polka-dottiness in this post!!!

The Ravert Family said...

I LOVE how your daughters dress matches the rain boots in the first picture...how crazy was that!!

The Ravert Family said...

Sorry, I am a friend of Krystle Watters, we went to college together :)

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun night out! Excited to see the room when it's done!

gailsgarden said...

The room swap looks great! Thanks again for all the fun!

Ruth said...

Fun times. The flowers are just gorgeous. I don't think we have a Fresh Market here in New England.

Ruth