Saturday, July 16, 2011

front door

The front storm door was begging me to paint it. I had no idea until Friday when I was in the painting window mood. and I walked by this door and knew it had to be done.


I wish I could have lots and lots of pretty flowers in my yard (and I am so thankful for the pot that I have right now, thanks, Mom), but alas, my thumb is black (and paint stained). So here is my garden. And look, I have not even put away the paints and junk.

Oh let me tell you about the 2 days my girl and I had. Dave took the boys and dropped them at his parents (thanks, Mom + Dad M!) while he was on a business trip. So my daughter and I had the house to ourselves for 2 days. She mostly watched all the princess movies she could find while I organized the school room, painted windows, and made this to eat non stop for 2 days.


If you look close you can see the rainbow windows upstairs.


Yes, boys, we missed you soooo much- but we made the most of it :)

10 comments:

Kellie said...

Happy windows... and those plants don't need water and will always look great! Bravo!

Debby said...

Real flowers are overrated, hah. The deer eat everything I plant. your painted ones are prettier. Wow, that chicken looks so good.

Stephanie said...

Love it! The flowers look great with the wreath on the door, so cute!

gailsgarden said...

Cute flowers! Are the live ones still living?

Shannon said...

That looks amazing! Those rainbows are gorgeous!!!

rachel awes said...

i love the message
this cheer delivers
both to the outside
& the in! lovely!!
xox

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Love it!

HallMom said...

i LOVE this Sara!!!! You make me happy. If your house on earth is this colorful I can only imagine what your house in heaven is going to look like! :o)

Bethany said...

I love those mom & daughter days with no boys around! they are always so much fun! and trust me....your daughter will cherish the memory in years to come! :)

Sarah said...

How happy!!