Thursday, July 14, 2011

face paint



The Family Fun Fest on Saturday turned out beautifully- the weather was hot- but no rain. We got to paint 375 faces (or hands, or arms- whatever they wanted us to paint :) The next day at church we had 6 families visit. Here I am painting Mary Ann- our dear friend who just accepted Jesus as Savior about 2 months ago!




Jacqueline painting a dragonfly on my baby.


I had several kids who were very interested in the gospel- and we know that God's Word has been planted in their lives! (we use the colors to present the gospel message of salvation: gold=heaven, black= sin that keeps us from heaven, red=blood of Jesus that can wash our sins away, white=clean and forgiven, green=growth in Christ as we read our Bible and go to church and pray)

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16



This sweet man was a treat to paint :)

I know some of you asked questions about the face paint - and I can't remember who asked what...e-mail me with questions: saramincy @ gmail.com



Face paint is just the hugest blessing to be involved with each year. Kids love it and will wait in line forever to get their faces painted! And we get to have their attention for that 6 or 7 minutes that it takes to paint their face. We show them each color as we paint it, and this year, they had a bookmark to take with them (thanks, Monica :)) that told what each color means. I think this would be a great thing to do at a VBS or even birthday party. It is really easy to get started too- I have the outline available and you can make your own samples, making sure you start painting with the gold and paint in order. (e-mail me if you are interested in doing this for a church activity or party)

5 comments:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Cute! When I taught preschool, I loved doing face painting on special days! It's so nurturing, spending time with a person that way. It's sort of like going and getting your hair cut. There are some things you just can't do to yourself and it's neat for someone to do for you. In the last year, I've beecome good friends with a professional face painter. It's so fun to see what she does -- amazing!

Kellie said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day! What a wonderful way to get the gospel out!

Jennifer said...

you guys did a great job!

kszwahl said...

What type of paint did you use? I had a hard time finding good paint for skin when we had field day at school. So I am curious to hear what you used. It looks great!

Sarah said...

That's so awesome! May God bless your efforts!