Monday, July 25, 2011

chairs, pretzels, m&ms, + healthy stuff too



We needed some chairs for the school room. I had a blue chair and a green chair. I was thinking how fun it would be to have a chair in each color of the rainbow- and look what I found at my thrift store..............

Yellow and orange!!!!!!!!!!! A happy day of thrifting for me :)


I made some goodies! These were good goodies :) Here's the recipe so you can be naughty with me and eat these Caramel Swirled Pretzel M&M Blondies.

The only thing is...the recipe calls for Pretzel M&Ms. When I read the recipe I skimmed real quick and went to the store and bought a bag of pretzels and a bag of regular m&ms. I decided to try it anyway and put in about half of the M&Ms and a cup of chopped pretzels.


We loved them to death!!! The salty pretzels, the chocolate, the chewy caramel..mmm.


And since I feel guilty and want you to be healthy, here is a wonderful pico de gallo recipe.


I found this nifty cilantro in a tube! (cilantro toothpaste?!) This has saved our marriage. Dave hates cilantro...the smell, everything. This just makes it so much easier to add cilantro to a recipe without the whole house smelling like cilantro, and I can add it to just my food, while he can add ketchup to his :)

linking to:

5 comments:

christiejayne said...

Those pretzel blondies are making me swoon.... :)

Kellie said...

Love your cheery chairs! Way to make that learning room FUN!

Stephanie said...

Those are some fun chairs! I can't wait to see your room makeover!

Lydia said...

Wow- Dave hates cilantro....it's just so unassuming and innocent, who could hate cilantro? Tell Dave I am making all our food for this weekend with an addition of cilantro. Good for what ails ya!

Marsha said...

My husband hates cilantro, too. I use that exact same tubed stuff! It's one of my favorite food finds ever.