Saturday, June 4, 2011

mincy family vacation [part 1]

We went on vacation for a week, we snuck away and I didn't even tell you! We left a week ago Friday and got back yesterday. First stop was up to NY state to see Dave's brother and family. The area was adorable! Cute houses everywhere.

((speaking of houses I am ecstatic: today I got a huge doll house from a neighbor's yard sale!!!! I am talking huge and wooden and wonderful and ready to be decorated!!! We have the plans in place and are going to paint, wallpaper, make curtains- you name it- this will be my full time job this summer :) :)


We stopped at IKEA on the way up and I took a shot of this light fixture. How cute is that?


Our first meal on the road: 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. Mmmmm- I was impressed.


We got to see a small town Memorial Day parade in Mark and Trish's town. It was adorable. We waved to the policemen and the firemen and the military veterans.


Trish's flowers were pretty (mine were dead when we got home...)


And! And! We went to the absolute cutest thrift store ever. I got those red salt + pepper shakers and that little aqua set of drawers..and other stuff too. So much to tell- so many pictures to show you. More of that thrift/antique store....more on the amusement park we visited, more on the blogger friend I met in person!!! So much fun. We are sooo thankful for a fun and safe vacation. So thankful. And glad to be home too.

8 comments:

Simply Beautiful Sundays said...

I love the house in the top picture! It is beautiful! I also wanted to tell you that you have been very inspirational to me. I am a homeschooling, artist mom and my home doesn't in its entirty reflect that. My husband is a pastor and I have spent a few years trying to get our hpuse to look like what I thought our house was supposed to look like, and me what I was supposed to look like, etc. And lately I figured out I want to be me, even if it suprises people! So I have been looking around your decorating ideas, and enjoying your joy that you have in your home and realizing that is what I want in my home. Joy. Uniqueness. Vibrancy. Thanks for the inspiration and free spirited example.

Pamela said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Love the house. My daughter wanted to go to 5 guys and my husband remembered it. So one day he told her, "Let's go eat at Five Little Men." We've never let him forget it. Aren't their fries the bomb?!

Stephanie said...

Love all the pictures, so fun to see photos and feel like we are tagging along right with you on your vacation! Really sounds like an amazing trip! Looking forward to more ;)

Gini Mincy said...

Glad you had such a good time!

Lauren said...

What a great way to start the summer!

Mary said...

LOVE THAT HOUSE!

Heather said...

Sara, I love your blog. I look at it daily and I have never before left a comment. I would love to start my own blog and you are my inspiration. I love your honest Christian perspective on life. Thanks so much!
-Heather

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Happy Vacation Sara! You deserve it! I can't wait to see what you do with the dollhouse!