Tuesday, June 7, 2011

the house

I know you have been dying to see my (her) dollhouse that I (we) have been remodelling. Can't you see the possibilities!? It is 4 feet wide and almost 4 feet tall.


A blank canvas for every room!

We have had just a few discussions about where things should go and what colors to use. It's the whole client/decorator dilemma- how much say so should she have? When should I tell her that the house does not actually belong to her??

:)



Although, I must say, she has a great eye for detail....we'll see how things go. The house is in her room and no matter how hard I work on it- ultimately at night she can tear it all down and start fresh :)

9 comments:

pattie said...

Oh what fun you'll have and what memories you'll make! Can't wait to see what you do with it--enjoy!...and play nice! ; )

Kellie said...

I would imagine that regardless of who does what... between the two of you it will have LOTS OF COLOR! You could do a different theme for each room... different color...oh the possibilities! Have fun and must see pics!

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

Ellie just came running from ten feet away shouting, "Let me see that house!!" Kids {even us big ones} love little houses. :)

Lauren said...

What creative fun! Can't wait to see some of your designer rooms!

Jenni C's said...

looking forward...to see what the two of you are going to do....

Monica said...

Have you ever been to the toy museum in Old Salem? One whole section is nothing but doll houses and room boxes (one small box, but totally set up like a store). It is absolutely incredible! Look forward to seeing what you two finally decide. :)

Stephanie said...

No fighting girls! hahahaha. What an awesome house, I can't believe how every room is just a blank canvas. So cool!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Oh my goodness! It's so cute! I used to have a house just like this when I was a little girl. My mom used the same wallpaper and carpet that was in my room to decorate it. My sister and I spent hours playing with it! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Paper Pear said...

When I was a kid I didn't have a doll house but used my moms book shelf and decorated different rooms. Although I never could draw on it ;) now my daughter has one that transforms into the storage space for all her dolls with baskets to hold all her dolls things! We love tearing down and starting over! Have fun!