Friday, June 10, 2011

doll house renovations

Dollhouse living room before...



Living room after




Living room after the crazy renters moved in.

(that is exactly how I feel! As the landlord I do my best to make sure things are in tip top shape and then............tape is stuck to everything, water is poured who knows where, marker is applied, stickers are stuck. Pray for my blood pressure)



Here's the master bedroom. We sewed tiny pillows, used fabric for blankets, wrapping paper for flooring and coordinating lampshades, scrapbook paper side tables, paint chip lamp bases.

The plates on the wall: the big one was a tiny plate found at the dollar section of Michaels, the fly stone made by Jes, and a scrapbook circle.



On the right wall: a tiny map, a face cut from a photo, a picture drawn by my girl, and a piece of one of my prints.



Her hand drawn dresser with color coordinating drawers.




Good night! Sleep tight!

*****************************************************
A friend gave me a cute little side table and I painted it a different color than I usually would. I really stepped out of the box and my comfort zone on this one. What color do you think I painted it??

9 comments:

mollie's mom said...

Did you paint it white?? Ha! marcie@madebymolliesmom.blogspot

Stephanie said...

I thought white too! But I'm going to change my answer to be different and say pale pink!

I love the dollhouse! But wouldn't it have been cool to make a complete replica of your own house!

Jenn A said...

I can't imagine any color being out of your comfort zone!

Jara said...

I'm gonna guess gray??? LOVE the doll house decor! You're gonna have to let it go though...it is hers...let her have fun with it!! I feel totally hypocritical when I say this, ...just so ya know;) wink wink - (been there, done that, had to let a few things go myself:)) Still have to remind myself of that often:)

Kellie said...

TOTALLY AWESOME! I love the fact that you are letting your daughter decorate her dollhouse... I didn't picture you as one of those teachers that told her students what color to color their flowers or houses! I just love the mini pillows, plates and and polka dots - yah! Now as far as your end table... I think i am seeing RED!

Laura D said...

Love the doll house! Oh and yeah for Jes I've been worried about her and haven't been able to find her. SO glad to see she has a shop again! Love her stuff!!

Emily said...

I LOVE your doll house remodel! In fact, I'm in the process of remodeling my childhood doll house to give to the girls. Thanks for the fabulous inspiration! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

The dollhouse is adorable! Maybe my girl's houses need makeovers! As far as the dresser, I'm thinking white, maybe grey, black, brown? :)

Meg the Wild Child said...

That bedroom is too ADORABLE!!!