Monday, June 6, 2011

The Crayola Factory!


LinkAfter we spent some time in NY we headed back down to the Crayola Factory in Easton, PA. My good blogger friend, Steph, lives near Easton so we planned to meet at Crayola so our kids could have some creative fun- and we could see each other in real life!

I am so glad I met Steph- she is just like I thought she would be, and how she seems on her blog(Jonquils and Ladybugs)- super sweet and genuine and fun to be with. Her little boy, Jackson, is an absolute doll.


We made some magic wands.


We colored and stamped and painted.


We played with clay and colored that too.


We took lots of photos!


We played with chalk.


And saw the world's largest crayon.


Dave got crafty too and I tell ya, I liked seeing that side of him. This is a hot wax moon. He gave it to me and I sleep with it every nite under my pillow :)


We got there early which was reallly good since 14 school buses of kids pulled up as we were just finishing up!


See, there he is again- coloring (inside the lines).

















Jackson liked the J pillow I made him :)

Steph made me the cutest cell phone case, can't wait to show you that.


almost forgot- there was a glow drawing wall too.


Thanks, Steph for meeting up with us. Seems like all roads lead to PA for us, so hopefully we will see you again :)

12 comments:

Marie@PoutyPinkPrincess said...

HOW FUN!!! I had NO idea there was a crayon factory! I need to add that to my list for sure!!

Kellie said...

I sooooo want to go to the Crayola Factory! Looks so fun!

Debby said...

I have always wanted to go there. What fun and what a colorful place for photos.

Stephanie said...

LOVE your photos!!!! And yes we need to meet up again one day! So fun!!! Jackson is still talking about our visit.... and sleeping with his pillow :)

Bethany said...

Oh Sara! You just made me a wee bit jealous....ok maybe a lot jealous! I really want to go to the Crayola factory!! :) What's not to love about hundreds of colorful crayons!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

This looks so fun! I don't live anywhere near close by, but I would love to take my kids someday! Thanks for sharing!

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

You all went on a pretty cool adventure... love it! I've always said that joy is a new box of crayons. :)

gailsgarden said...

Looks like fun! Also it looks like Steph does machine quilting. I was signed up to take a class in it this Sat, but it was cancelled. Not enough interest! Boo hoo! I am interested enough!

Chrissie Grace said...

I'm jealous too! ;)
Looks like you guys had a great time!

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

This looks like so much fun!

Jara said...

That looks sooooo fun!!! How fun that you got to meet a fellow blogger! Let me know if you're ever near Ft. Worth, TX!!!! I'd love to meet you in person!

Meg the Wild Child said...

How FUNNNNN!!!!!!! That's so neat you got to go there! Oh my gosh... did it smell DIVINE?!?!? Doesn't that crayon smell just make you feel like you're 6 again?!?!? I think my favorite shot was the Eiffel Tower made out of crayons - that was so COOL!!!