Thursday, May 26, 2011

our artsy 5 year old

She is colorful


and creative


never boring



she is always on the look out for more scotch tape


her room is her canvas



her latest sculpture, "Hanger Surprise"

Everyday is an adventure with these children of mine. Thank you, God, for trusting them to my care. I pray that each day would be one that I would embrace as a time to love and teach. To listen to them and take the time to look into their eyes. That I would not seek to just please myself and take each moment I can to sneak off to do my own thing...but that I would use those moments to talk to my precious ones about You. To tell them of Your wonderful Love and salvation. To read them stories and answer the many questions they have. I pray that You would bless this summer- that You would help me to respond to my children in the right way and to enjoy each moment. To savor this time and to be thankful in all things.

16 comments:

gailsgarden said...

Just like mama! Her art work is great! Wait till she starts with the hammer and nails!!! I remember well the ponding. "There goes Sara again adding to the collection on her walls!"

Susan S. said...

What a sweet, talented girl you've got there! She obviously pays attention to your creativity and puts her own spin on things! You are truly blessed. :)

Lori said...

YOU are incredible, Sara Mincy. I think you come from a line of creative and fabulous and Godly women. I have to say that hanger sculpture is my favorite! I love that! You are so wise to savour those moments as they will pass all too quickly, and you will soon be preparing your daughter for high school. Yikes. I miss you and your mama too.

Krystle Watters said...

What a cute little girl you have!! And I love her name, by the way. :) Your last paragraph is my prayer for myself this summer too.

Jen said...

Wow! Morgen is the same way...art hanging all over her room with a ton of tape!!! I just had to take the tape from her last night because I heard her ripping it off the dispenser when she was supposed to be going to sleep...and I was trying to go to sleep too.

michelle said...

I LOVE it! She is her own person at 5...I see amazing things in her future!

Kellie said...

Oh My... it's a Mini Sara!!! Just think of the fun you shall, will, are having!

sarahssweeties said...

Thanks for this prayer! I needed it today!

Chrissie Grace said...

Sara, her and Ava would be best friends! She is so cute and creative, like her momma!

Jane said...

Love her walls! Like mother Like daughter!

Ruth said...

She's such a cutie. I have an artistic one here. We never have enough tape, especially when he was younger.

Ruth

Bethany said...

She is such a sweetheart! I know you cherish how spunky & creative she is! It is definitely something special! :) Especially since she seems to be growing more like you every single day! :)

Shelly said...

So Cute. What is it with kids and the scotch tape!

Petra said...

What a wonderful school for their own life your children get from your creativity!
Greetings from Austria, Petra

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Adorable! And I just love what you've written about her. Someday she'll read your sweet words and smile.

Makeup By LisaMarie said...

So adorable!! Love her style too!! My daughter will be 5 soon she dresses like this!! People are always say " So I she she likes to dress herself " LOL I love her style :)