Thursday, May 19, 2011

new

A rainbow has come to our table!


Green!


Redish!


Blues...


Orange ya glad there are orange patches?


I am so happy with the eclectic colorful result of my late night sewing spree.


This pile is a happy pile


And the backs! Look at the back!


Surprise! Flower, you used to be on a dress worn by our girl! How special that you were recycled into a friendly mat.


mmmmmmm


Roll call:
Blue!
here
Green!
here
Yellow!
I've been here (that was the one I made about a year ago....it has been waiting.....)
Orange!
here
Red!
present


I love you in the morning....


And in the afternoon....



I love you in the evening underneath the...
.
.
Saturn.



Backwards or forward...


This one looks like summer shorts


Each meal you will get a different feeling...and a different color


Best for last. As much as I love the patchwork side of the blue, the polkadots are loveable too :)

11 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

YUM! YUM! YUMMY! This could make plain cottage cheese (yuck!) more than wonderful! A party, in fact! I want to do this!! Do you use anything between the fabric- like batting? Thanks so much for sharing, Sara! Lori

Kimberly said...

Love!!!! When I first started looking at these, I thought, "green will be my favorite." Then I went back and looked at them all again and couldn't decide!! They are all gorgeous, you did a fantastic job! I love the look of colorful folded linens stacked in an open cabinet:) I use vintage tablecloths and hand towels, but now I'm thinking I could use placemats! Thanks for sharing!

xinme said...

Oh my goodness -- this post is so inspiring!!!! I feel a sewing project coming on with DD9!!!!!

Marsha said...

Gorgeous! I'd love to eat at your table.

sarahssweeties said...

I love them!!

katie purcell said...

HAPPY,HAPPY TABLE!
AND THE BURLAP BAG IS THE BEST.
YOU COULD SO SELL THOSE ON ETSY.
KEEP CREATING!

Kellie said...

Every meal is a fun meal at your house! Love 'em all SM!

pattie said...

What a great idea! I haven't owned (or thought about) place mats since Hubs and I were first married...I may have to break out the sewing machine..So pretty and fun!

The Dreaming Bear said...

Okay....I want those. And I want to start mismatching our plates and bowls like that too!!! Sooooo precious! Love it! You have such an eye!!!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

These are so cute! I wish I was super crafty with my sewing machine!You inspire me!

ice pink stars said...

How fun and pretty and INSPIRING!!! :) This inspires me so much for decorating. I know you must hear this all the time, but I absolutely love your home decorations and crafty ideas. It gives me ideas for my own home (apartment actually, heehee). I love your placemats! They're so fun! Great job <3