Wednesday, May 18, 2011

just an old burlap sack

Do you love it as much as I do?? I saw a similar idea in an old Country Living...and I stitched this up with many knots and tangles of red thread. I like to make it look like I meant to do that....shabby knots and frayed edges. Sara's Shabby Slapdash Sewing!


Maybe because today is the last day of school (!), maybe because we found so much inspiration when we went strawberry picking, who knows why....but I have been on a creative surge. Last night I stitched up 4 patchwork place mats. I was getting ready to go to bed and there was this magnetic pull to my art room and before I knew it, there were fabric patches all over and the sewing machine was smoking! Can't fight that creative urge when it happens :) I'll share those place mats soon.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOVE IT!!! I need black and white striped fabric!

Mark and Tricia said...

soooo cute!!!

Jill said...

TOOOOOOO cute!! I love "sara's shabby slapdash sewing"!
Blessings!
Jill

Kellie said...

Bravo lil' miss seamstress!!!!