Sunday, May 22, 2011

chalk + clipboards



I copied the chalk pots idea from Country living. And I can't bear to erase the 5 year old's graffiti. That is her rendition of my name, 'SAOA' (what can I say? She is homeschooled)


These clipboards are handy + fun- I can change out the displays easily and clip up a recipe if needed.


Clipboards and chalkboard paint make this space so customizable! I can change things at a whim.

Are you having a good Sunday? I hope so. Looking forward to this week- our first full week of summer vacation. I saw a good post to kick off the summer with here. It's all about being there for your kids. Parenting is not for the weak of heart!!!!!! But with God's grace and help and wisdom, we can teach our kids and love them and enjoy them daily. My goal this summer is to keep the outside commitments to an all time low so that I can keep commitments with my family. I don't want to be running crazy and neglecting my #1 job!!!

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh, this is adorable! I would never want to erase it either!

Kristi @ Creative Connections for Kids said...

I am sharing the idea with my graphic design daughter...she will love this!
Thanks!

Kellie said...

I wish I knew about chalkboard paint when my kids were little... then they could write on the wall without getting in trouble! They're all grown now... just "graduated" the last one!!!! Enjoy your time with them SM!

pattie said...

We are a homeschooling family, too and we're looking forward to a family focused summer--we're calling it our Summer of Adventure! Which, for this family on a budget, means making our own adventures where ever we can: climbing the bluff we've never climbed before, going on nature hunts to all the outdoor spaces we've wanted to visit but never have, pretending we're tourists in our own town and visiting all those places only sight see-ers visit...and what we're looking forward to most is just plain being together! Wishing you a blessed summer, Sara!

Monica said...

Impressed with how neat little bit's letters are! Not bad for a K4er!

Rambling Heather said...

Thanks for the mention friend!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I love it!

clutterholic said...

Wow, I am in LOVE with the chalkboard paint in the kitchen. I just read a blog about "magnetic" paint. I think it'd be fun to do a layer of each and turn the walls into a magnetic, chalkboardy heaven for the kids.

Meg the Wild Child said...

These clip boards are a great idea - they are handy and adorable - and great for those of us who get inspired and like to change things around a lot! Nice going! :D