Wednesday, May 25, 2011

cupcakes!

We went to Gigi's cupcakes for our last day of school celebration extravaganza. It was an extravaganza all right! These cupcakes are amazing. Gigi's is a chain- so you may have one close to you. The cupcakes are so rich, that I would recommend eating half there and the other half later. I was in a coma for the rest of the day after eating half of my strawberry shortcake cupcake, bites of my girl's Midnight Magic Chocolate on Chocolate, a bite of s'mores, and a taste of the middle child's banana split cupcake.....


About the diet and the weight loss...........:)
You remember I was on the 17 day diet for about 15 days- typical sara-style- get it almost done.


I missed carbs so much that I am basically back to eating like I have always eaten and I gained back the 3 pounds that I lost- BUT..



But- I have started doing the 30 day shred work out video. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks and feel great. I have so much energy. My new philosophy is to work out like crazy for 25 minutes a day and then eat like crazy the rest of the time and this equals happiness ;) To tell you the truth, I would love to get to a place where I am working out like this (it is a good, hard workout for your whole body; strength training, cardio, and abs) and eating super healthy. But I can't seem to do all of that at one time.....yet.



God has been teaching me; little by little, to be content. To not be obsessed about trying to be thin- to not be obsessed with eating, to not be obsessed with eating only organic- to not be obsessed with anything but serving Him to the best of my ability and then to work out every other area in my life in moderation. Have I mastered the art of this balance??? NO! I am such a work in progress. But there have been several things helping me on the way....

1. The Bible- always the best source for any subject.
2. Dave- he is a calming influence in my life and when I freak out about a new diet- or why my workout is not causing me to lose 5 pounds a day...he calmly gives me good advice and helps me to see the balance and also the slow progress I am making.
2. These pod casts: one, two, three. (Food, Beauty, and control)
3. My church- we are constantly convicted and taught in the different areas of the Christian life- and when we are busy mentoring others, teaching our kids, encouraging our friends, reading God's Word, being sweet to our husband, spending time in prayer...then the other areas of our lives (food, diet, self image, discontent) seem to get back into balance or disappear- as in the case of discontentment.



Anyway! As you can see, I am pretty up and down on this stuff....but my desire is to lead a healthy and balanced approach to diet and exercise and that my whole focus would not be on me, me, me and how can I be thin, and how can I be as beautiful as that woman I saw on tv, etc, etc, etc. And there will be days when my thoughts and actions go right back there. But my desire is that each day, I will read the Bible, that I would be close to God and that His desires for my life would be my desires. That I would be an encouragement and joy for my family. That I would not be so focused on myself that I cannot see others around me.




How about you, which part of the cycle are you on? Diet + exercise, or trying to find a Gigi's Cupcakes nearest you?!?!

10 comments:

Kellie said...

Those look amazing... partial to that huge chocolate thing! Might just have to find a Gigi's! Life is all about choices... "say no to something so you can say yes to something else." Sometimes even saying no to something good so you can make time for something eternal! You make me smile... have a marvelous day serving the Lord right where you are!

Lydia said...

There is way too much icing on that cupcake-LOL!!! I ADORE cake, so I would give my kids all the icing and eat all the cake part of the cupcakes:) I think we ALL have to work on contentment ALWAYS. It really helps to be more content with my weight when I feel good and healthy (even if I'm bigger than the norm) and when I don't read mags or watch TV that has all those images of skinny gals. The world (Satan) loves to make us feel bad about our circumstances and that leads to discontentment.

sarahssweeties said...

That looks like a super fun place! I just finished reading Made to Crave. Great book, and it's working on me...on me, not for me! Yet!

Chastity Gomez said...

We have a Gigi's near us and they are REALLY pretty cupcakes- but much too sweet for me!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Those cupcakes look amazing! And I love your daughter's hair bow!

Rachel said...

Wow! Those cupcakes look fantastic! We may have to take a trip to Gigi's ourselves! (I hear from Donette that we live in the same state now.) Wish I had done something extravagant for our last day of school... there's always next year, right?

Ruth said...

These cupcakes look so very yummy!!

I would like a bite of each. LOL

Ruth

ice pink stars said...

I LOVE Gigi's cupcakes!!!! How fun! :D My husband and I have been twice to the one in Athens, Georgia. Athens is a far drive for us but we try to make it there for concerts and to visit friends. I showed the girl working the register at Gigi's my cupcake tattoo on my arm and she went crazy :P We tried the S'mores flavor and a vanilla buttercream, mmmm! So yummy. I also snagged one of their menus... it had so many cute pictures and names that I thought it was a great inspiration the next time I bake cupcakes at home!

Love your cupcake pictures at Gigi's, and your honest words about dieting. I've also been trying to eat healthier and exercise more. My husband and I have been trying to get more walking done, and we're trying to eat more fruits! If I could only cut out breads and pastas, I think I'd be good to go ;) lol. And sweets, and coffee creamer, and ice cream...

Meg the Wild Child said...

Oh, Sara - how I have missed you! It has been great to catch up on your wonderful blog - I feel like I've had a visit with an old friend :D As fun and as inspiring as ever! I knew I had to post when I saw these freakishly amazing cupcakes and you said you had chosen the Strawberry Shortcake one - which of course is the exact one I would have chosen, hehe!

It was great to visit and I am determined to come say hello (and be inspired!) more often! Love to you! xoxo

the domestic fringe said...

First I want to say that those cupcakes look AH-Mazing! I want one SO bad.

Second is that I really, really appreciate this post. I totally struggle with my weight and being content. It's funny because I'm just as dissatisfied when I'm 20 lbs. lighter as I am now. I always think I'm too fat, too out of shape, my legs are too jiggly - I can go on and on. It definitely happens when I get my focus off things that are important and put an unbalanced focus on myself. It's terrible how I can let one great looking woman or magazine photo let me feel terrible about myself. It's so silly when I think about it.

Anyway, I appreciate this post. Glad I stopped by today. I haven't had tons of time lately to read all the blogs I'd like to, but I'm glad I took a minute to visit your blog.
-FringeGirl