Tuesday, May 3, 2011

blue



For the longest time my favorite colors have been green, red, and orange (and black!). But lately I have noticed blue sneaking back into the mix. Such a calm & peaceful color. But it can be fun too- just add some pattern and blue can get quite funky.
I found this reversible hat (the other side is striped) at a consignment shop yesterday. This is the kind of thing that when she outgrows it, it will hang on a hook in our home just because it is so cute.


And then....I went straight to Target's dollar section and freaked when I saw the pencils and wrapping paper and little tin cans. (can you tell it is the first of the month? Sara is spending all of the family budget as soon as she can...this is a talent which I passed on to our middle child, The Middle Mincy. He can go anywhere and find something to spend his last .25 cents on)


Seriously, whoever does the buying for Target is super smart :)


more blue....


clearly blue

royal blue

Raise your hand if you like blue. I think (judging from these pictures, that I like royal and cobalt the best)

11 comments:

Kellie said...

love the blue... especially the polka dot hat!!!!

Jenn A said...

I do! My kitchen is blue and white. Everywhere I go I see blue things that I love. We have blue all over our house.

Mom of 5 said...

I am a blue girl! Love all your blue. I was just picking out colors to paint in my house, and every color I pick out is blue! I have a bright aqua for my boys room, and a beautiful 'perfect peacock' in my kitchen. Now I am looking at a gray blue for my bedroom.

Susan S. said...

I love blue but haven't used it in a while. I'm like you and change up colors frequently. My living room was about to be Robin's Egg Blue up until a few months ago and then I changed it and did a pretty purple.
The Chair is great....I did one like that years ago in red and black. A friend admired it and I gave it to her. The look is so great I'm itching to do something like that again! :)

Lydia said...

Me, me, I do!!! (can you see me raising my hand over here?) I love blue- especially blues in the seafoam, sky, and royal colors. Rich's favorite color is blue. All my kids have blue eyes. Blue is very calming and relaxing.

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

I'm a light blue & aqua blue kinda girl. Carolina Blue, perhaps? :)

mollie's mom said...

I have never ever been a blue girl and black and white, especially polka dots or checks, is my fav combo because I can throw in any color for a pop but.... turquoise blue is creeping in. First on the screened porch and then into the kitchen. Who knows where it will go next?? I'm a beach girl and it's the color of the waters at the most beautiful beaches... so I guess it's here to stay for a while :) Love the polka dotted hat.
marcie@madebymolliesmom.blogspot

Lauren said...

Love the blue! I've been adding some hints of aqua around my home! We must be dreaming of the ocean! Ha! And your adorable pup...HUG!

Jessica said...

That is so funny! Sixteen years ago...my entire bridal registry was blue, as was the carpet in my house. Now, I am lucky to find blue in my house...until recently! I added some blue-ish curtains, ottomon and pillow in my living room. Wish I still had a bunch of my cool blue stuff from way back when.

Ruth said...

Target's dollar section always has wonderful things. I love those cute pails and the wrapping paper.

Ruth

Wendy said...

{hand raised} I love blue. And green and red and yellow, orange, teal, purple... in fact, I haven't met many colors that I don't like. ;)
I love the blue birdie bucket, the polka hat (and really anything at all polka dotted!) and that first picture of the chair and cushion! I am more of a "bright blue" person.
As always, you are inspiring. I need to do some color studies soon.