Friday, April 1, 2011

the other window

See, I told you it looked better at night! Windows are so hard to photograph during the day. So here we are on Wed. pm- we are apparently very tired (if that is indeed a yawn). This was the point in which only one window was done.



We woke up on Thursday morning (sun just coming up gives a better photo as well), determined to finish the other window.


Mission accomplished! 2 windows done (only 11 more to go....what? I didn't tell you I am painting every window in the house!? Just kidding...I think)


I love how the patchwork table is no longer alone in it's flamboyant-ness.



Here we are on Thursday pm. Relaxing after a hard days work. Just Dave & I, Sadie, and the angry birds.



Oh dear. Looks like our next project to tackle is: breaking the bondage of the Internet and techno gadgets. That comes right after this one which was: Trashing the Mini Blinds for a cleaner and brighter solution.


This morning: glad to see the kids pulling back the curtains and enjoying the room.

Alright- enough about us- what about you? Would you paint on a window?

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!! It looks like stained glass, really it's awesome!!! Great job :)

Debby said...

I actually love what you did. They look like curtains. I would paint on windows but I am afraid my family would think I went looney. You make it look so good. Maybe it would be my talent in painting that would be the looney thing. What kind of paint did you use?????? I may do this for real. I hate curtains and actually only have one window that has them.

Kellie said...

I would definitely paint on a window... that is if you were standing beside me giving me the pep talk to do such a thing! They look cheery!

mollie's mom said...

Cute! I would paint black and white polka dots for sure!!!! **I have mixed tempera paint and a little white dishwashing soap together and let children paint snow scenes on the windows!! It turns out very cute!! And the dishwashing soap helps it to come off easily later - not your goal but fun for Christmas or in the classroom:)
marcie@madebymolliesmom
ps- thanx for the nice comment when you visited my blog!!

joeandkris513 said...

I'm not brave enough, but love what you did. The windows look so nice with your fabulous coffee table. I want to do my coffee table, but probably need to do a little more subtle version (to go with my decor) than your beautiful kindergarten chic one. Wish I were as bold as you!

Pam said...

Well, I probably wouldn't paint a home window, but I might paint a classroom window, or if I ever open a bakery, I might.

I love how the picture that shows both windows makes it look like the painted windows are pieces of art hanging on the wall, with the window frames being picture frames.

Marie@PoutyPinkPrincess said...

How fun! It looks beautiful with the light shining through!

the 'Trees said...

I would totally paint a window...but I'm pretty sure the husband would make me clean it off! :( I LOVE how yours turned out!

julie king said...

i am delighted with your windows! i don't know when i've seen anything as original and downright special!! way to go!

The Dreaming Bear said...

Oh lordie! I ADORE those windows!!! You are so creative!!! I love it!!! Love it, love it, love it! And you two are so cute. That's me and my hubby too....we sit together with our laptops. It's how I unwind...but you are so right...it's easy for the time to get away from us.

Tammy said...

I love your windows! They are so cheerful! I have to paint a window too!

Hope you don't mind me "stealing" your idea.

paintgurl40 said...

hey they're your windows...why not?
i think that it's a cool idea, and if i were single i would definitely do it. my husband and landlord would have a fit if i painted the windows. LOL

paintgurl40 said...

i forgot to mention...i love your house! i like the fact that you make do with what you have, your flair with colors and patterns, and that you try to keep your priorities in order. i've been reading your blog for...uh..a very long time, but never thought about posting until now. keep up the good work!

Shelly said...

Hahaha! You and hubby on the couch with your laptops! We do that too. But in our bedroom