Tuesday, April 12, 2011

date nite(s)

Thursday night we went to the Outback. Which is always special to us- and especially around this time of year because it was April 10, 1999 when we got engaged! The night we got engaged we ate at the Outback. We have almost been married 12 years. I thank God every single day for this man.

With us it truly was that we knew that we had found the one.

It is a great feeling to know a peace and for sureness about this huge decision that is picking your life partner.


On Saturday we went to the mall. I was so excited to see Yogen Fruz!!!! Oh my goodness! I grew up on this frozen yogurt. This is like none that you have ever tasted. Get the plain vanilla frozen yogurt and have them mix in fruit- I had kiwi- but I remember strawberry as being good too. We would always get a yogen fruz at the mall growing up- that or an Orange Julius. Good memories there!


We saw this painting and I have got to try and make a similar one for Dave and I. He loves it- he loves the modern/abstractness of it. But I just love it because it is us! Totally! He is the piano and I add the color to his life :)


Yes, we had good date nights and it was extremely needed. We had already planned the Saturday night date and then on Thursday he called our friends out of desperation. I think he thought his wife was going to crack completely. The Outback saved my sanity. There was not a huge issue going on- just the daily-ness of life had gotten to be too much and we needed a break.

How are you with date nights? Weekly, monthly? Yearly? Any creative dates lately?

10 comments:

Pam said...

I think we end up having semi-annual date nights, and we have no creativity when it comes to planning anything. Most dates involve dinner out and a trip to the bookstore. I wish it was more often, but it is more than some people get, so I'll take it. I certainly know what you mean about being at the cracking point with daily life!

Kellie said...

Aren't you two just the cutest!

Jennifer said...

no dates for us....dave is killing us! we haven't been out since valentines day. you are blessed to have people willing to keep your kids for free!! we always have to pay!!

Jeremy and Amy said...

You two are so adorable! Glad you had such a nice time. Our dates nights are rather erractic, but I sure do enjoy them when we get them!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Fun! Like I said in my last comment. It's been awhile....

Stephanie said...

I love your hair like that, and you look really skinny lady!!! :) We get out usually once every 3 months or so, usually if we have something big like a wedding to go to or if there is an awesome movie playing that we don't want to wait for it to come onto dvd. Next month is our anniversary, I'm looking forward to that right now:)

Lydia said...

We had 3 dates last year total, thanks to a sweet family in our church. They were spread out perfectly over the course of the year. We don't really NEED date nights...but we like them anyway.
I love that piano painting!!! Totally y'all!

pattie said...

When our first child was 2, I gave birth to twins. By the time the twins were 6 months old we decided we desperately needed to establish a weekly date night or Mommy was going to have to move to the loony bin! We are blessed to have family in town who babysit for free--thank you Lord. Now that the kids are older, we only go every other Friday..."only", I know!
And by the way, some of our very best dates have been grabbing a sandwich from somewhere and sitting by the river talking until the sun goes down..it just reconnects us and charges my batteries like nothing else:)
So glad you got some time away with your husband..you're so cute together!:)

sarahssweeties said...

I see that little VS bag!

Sue said...

Our "dates" usually consist of an occasional breakfast out before/after a doctor's appt. LOL! Other than that, we usually have a real date about 2-3 times per year...you know, a REAL date, where you dress up and go out with the sole intention of being alone to talk to each other about each other...as opposed to church functions, a ministry-related dinner, etc. In about 5 years, we'll have an in-home babysitter, provided he can handle his four younger brothers.