Tuesday, March 8, 2011

we love norman

We went to the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the museum a few months ago and bought a coloring book as a souvenir. The kids and I have been enjoying coloring Norman's works of art! I love how each page explains the painting and then asks the kids a question.


You can find the coloring books here for $5.


I had the kids write their answers to the question somewhere on the page.

We are currently working on some paintings inspired by Van Gogh's Sunflowers. I can't wait to show you!

What is the best art project you ever did as a child- or that you have done with your class or your kids? I think one of my favorites recently was the robot valentine..... but seriously, their random drawings are the best. (I just remembered the Easter egg diorama, that was a week long process, but a nice finished product)....OH! And I just found this treasure in the archives:


Our middle child and his eyelashes :)

I know I kept this one somewhere. Next on the To Do list: frame some kid art.

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Awwww....I love little kid art! I still have some of my own messy but still adorable artwork! :)

Bethany said...

Awwww....I love little kid art! I still have some of my own messy but still adorable artwork! :)

Kellie said...

Love Norman, love coloring, but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the eyelash kid (I seriously LOL!!!!) Kids artwork makes the bestest decor!

lori vliegen said...

well, just when i thought that nothing could ever be more fabulous than "norman art", i see this little eyelash masterpiece!!! adorable!!! xox

Makeup By LisaMarie said...

Aww very cute!!! I also love your orange polka dot table!!

Wendy said...

Ahh! I love Norman, too. Such great, innocent paintings.

Best art project is, like you said, their random dailyness. My kindergartner has started trying to copy pictures from his favorite books and the drawings are SO CUTE!!

Also, I've decided that instead of framing the kids art, I'm going to *paint* frames on the wall in the hallway, and easily swap out the pictures (with tape) as often as we want. :) Can't wait!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I love it! I think I'm going to have to buy that book!
Also, thank you for your comment on my blog! :) My daughter said it was like getting a visit from a celebrity! :)

Stephanie said...

Love the eye lashes! Kids art is the best!

Dawn said...

Norman was a huge part of my childhood.
I can remember staring at the magazine covers with his artwork....amazed.