Wednesday, March 23, 2011

thrift store fashion

I have been on the lookout for 2 things: dresses in funky patterns to wear over pants, and a jean skirt to wear with boots. And I found them both at goodwill this week! Here: the dress is Old Navy, the cardigan I actually did get at Old Navy on clearance and the pants are Gap from goodwill for 3.49.
The necklace is from Forever 21- super cheap- and is turning my neck green....


Howdy Jean Skirt! Yay! The skirt is z.cavaricci for 3.49 at goodwill. The shirt was from goodwill also and I am trying to figure out if it is supposed to be a pajama shirt.
(what? Oh, I'm just swinging my lasso)

Here is the, "do these stripes make me look fat?" photo. Shirt is Old Navy found at goodwill.

I am linking to the Pleated Poppy.


Answer to yesterday's post - Vault is Dave's new addiction. Sort of like Mountain Dew but with more caffeine.

13 comments:

Kellie said...

I could never pull it off but you friend do it in such GRAND style and I just love it! Your life is so colorful... welcome to spring!

Pam said...

More caffeine?!?!?! Goodness gracious! Tell Dave to go to bed earlier!

Super cute outfits, as usual! That cowgirl one is especially slimming!

gailsgarden said...

We will pray for our son-in-law!

manda said...

You are adorable!!

And thank you for putting me out of my misery...VAULT! Of course!!!

Rambling Heather said...

Cute finds! I must say that the first outfit is my fave :) I love the dress over pants!

Stephanie said...

Love the dress over pants, I wore a lot of sweater dresses over pants this winter. I think I need some springy dresses too! Love it!

Visible Voice said...

your blog just makes me happy...thanks!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I'm on the lookout for sundresses for the summer. To wear over boots and with my cowgirl hat:) No luck so far:( And that shirt better not be a pj shirt- I think I have it in 2 colors/patterns and I have worn them in public. Oh well, who's gonna know? Love all your outfits and the COLOR!!!!

Rob H said...

I'm a huge thrift store junkie...love these finds. You can't beat it!

Cory said...

I want to know where the boots are from? They are really cute!

Wendy said...

Oh,man, you are CUTE!
I love Goodwill shoppin' myself. just last week I got a beautiful gray knit Banana Republic skirt for $3. Can't beat that!! I also get all of my kids' shoes there. Stride Rites for $3? Perfect. And kids outgrow shoes SO FAST that there's no point in paying more.
Sorry, I sidetracked.
Lovin' the outfits. I can't decide which is my favorite, but think it's the jean skirt and belt one. Love the dress over jeans, with cardi look... maybe add a thick belt over the cardigan, for some definition?

Wendy said...

Oh~ another unrelated note. I was reading a blog today that mentioned doing a "Sara Mincy inspired" chalkboard door. Your ideas are everywhere! And, for the record, we also did a chalkboard door here. :D

Little Mama said...

your face in the lasso picture cracks me up!! you look so serious with your pretend lasso!

i also adore dresses over pants. wear them all the time! looks os cute on you. and you know we share a love for the goodwill!!