Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Monday!

What happens when mom lays on the couch for a nap? She gets a blanket of children and dog :)


This picture is just so poignant for me. This balloon was stuck up there at the peak of the ceiling since valentines and is just now slowly coming down. All the possible metaphors here.....

...you can give all your love and sentiments on valentines day, but you have to keep on giving in order for the love to stay buoyant!


What a happy day when I spied this bed in a bag at wal-mart.... bed skirt included!!! I had $ saved in one of my Dave Ramsey envelopes specifically for bedding for our girl who has been given a twin bed. Everywhere I looked I could not find anything right. This was worth the wait! They also have orange with white polka dots and blue and green. And bath towels with polka dots! Something I would expect to see at Target.

Hope you had a good weekend and are ready for this new week :)

13 comments:

Kellie said...

Red with white polka dots... now that is a happy monday!

gailsgarden said...

I can't wait to see the bed!

Mom of 5 said...

Love! Yes, I had to go back and read again that you said you got it at WM...b/c I was thinking Target when I saw it!

Trisha said...

I fell in love with that bed set the other day when I was walking through walmart, then I saw the towels and was even more excited!! There is just something about polka-dots that make me smile.

pattie said...

I saw that bedding the other day and thought, "Oh, Sara would love that!"--is that weird?? Glad you found it:)
p.s. My kids, too, love when I lay on the couch--they think I'm there just to snuggle with them!:D

Anonymous said...

That is funny! I saw those at our walmart the other day and thought... so cute!

Sue said...

You're good...I don't even try to lay down when 5 boys are running around because I am the chosen trampoline or home base for tag. Yeah, I pretty much just end up getting irritated.

The balloon made me laugh. We had one stuck up at the top of our cathedral ceiling from Valentine's Day that I just took down on Saturday but only because I had the tall ladder in the house changing out a light bulb.

Love the bedding. Red is my favorite and polka dots are happy in any color! Can't wait to see Skye's "new" bed and room :). You WILL post pics, right? I live life having a daughter vicariously thru you :)

the 'Trees said...

I saw a set of red w/ white polka dot dishes at a yard sale a couple weeks ago and thought of you! I kinda wish I'd bought them!

Ruth said...

Love the polka dot bed set. It will look so cute.

Ruth

Amy said...

I saw that set too and loved it for the price! I bought the rug they had to match for my kitchen for $8.00! Did you see the rugs? I bet their rooms will be so cute!

knack said...

love the polka dot bedspread!! can't wait to see it in person!

xo

Tink said...

I saw this same bedding last night & it totally made me think of you. Glad you get to enjoy it and so will your little polka-dot princess.

Doda said...

oh, I love that, wish we had a wallmart! :-)