Monday, March 21, 2011

happiness on a monday?!?

happiness is flowers in plastic cups on the counter....


Happiness is the change we collected in our Junior Church class yesterday to help the people of Japan. (sadness is seeing the news and all they have lost)


happiness is playing outside in short sleeves.


happiness is sidewalk chalk.


happiness is seeing the kids have fun in the fresh air.
((sadness is looking at this picture and knowing we will have to cut down the trees closest to the house otherwise the roots are going to move in with us :((


happiness is the $8 polka dot rug from Wal-Mart! ((that has already been pottied on and washed :))

We have so much to be thankful for today. So much....then why am I so short and grumpy with the kids?! I do not know...

The only solution I can think of is to think of how much I have to be thankful for....think about how my Monday would be paradise for someone from Japan or Haiti- or any number of places around the world.......to do something nice for those rascally kids....to pray for them....to think of how much I have to be thankful for in the Lord....to eat some more chocolate....

Happiness
–noun
1. the quality or state of being happy.
2. good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.

Having contentment and joy is not about what is going on around us- but what is going on within us. And the only way to have true joy is to know God. Do you know Him? Do you know His amazing plan for you? Do you know about His gift? Are you confident that you know what will happen to you after this life?

After reading what I just wrote- how in the world can I complain about anything?
Because I do know!

9 comments:

gailsgarden said...

Are those flowers from your yard? I'd love to see your azaleas. Are they out yet? We have a ways to go before seeing any flowers here, BUT we CAN see the gardens NOW. That is a step in the right direction!

I am hoping it was Sadie who got the rug! That would be bad, but it could be worse if it was anyone else!!!!

Little Mama said...

sometimes it is all perspective isn't it. i think when we step out of ourselves we see how blessed we really are. here is to finding the silver lining in all things.

Kellie said...

There is ALWAYS something for which to be thankful... and a thankful heart is a joyful heart! My pastor (hee hee) always quotes..."My joy and obedience is NOT dependent upon perfect people, happy circumstances, or convenient timing." A joyful heart is GOOD medicine!

Donovan Doins said...

Isn't that the truth. Happiness is perspective. While there is a snow storm blowing around my house, I can glimpse at your blog with so colorful they make me smile.

Blessing every where, may I continually be thankful for God's gifts in my life.

PS. I am still really looking forward to spring, but trying to be thankful for the moisture.

Michelle said...

Hi Sara!
You're right! It's always good to remind ourselves that we have the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings living within us!!! It's human nature to be irritable and tired, we just need the daily reminder that God loves us and that we need Him DAILY for showing us how to love others!!!
We still have a little snow here left in Minnesota! ugh. Don't tel me those flowers are from your yard!!!??? What state are you from? You're so lucky!!! ;-)

Patricia said...

Hi, Sara,
Your post is inspiring, especially because I woke up to six inches of fresh snow this morning! School was canceled, so my seventeen-year old son went grocery shopping with me - a happiness pearl on my necklace!
I've been wondering how you paint the words on your paintings. I am trying to put a Shel Silverstein poem on canvas for my daughter to hang on her wall at school, but I am having a terrible time with the words. Do you paint them? Do you draw them out ahead of time? Would you be willing to give me some pointers?
Thank you for the brightness you bring to my computer screen. Have a wonderful day. Patty

Stephanie said...

Did you pick those flowers outside? I see bulbs coming up but we are far from flowers yet.

Wendy said...

Love all of the pictures but, really, how Perfect (!!) is that rug?! I want one!!

sarahssweeties said...

Sweet stuff. Happy stuff.