Tuesday, March 22, 2011

the diet

You may know from reading this blog, and you definitely know if you know me in real life, that I have been trying to lose 5 pounds forever! At least for a year and a half. At first I had about 8 pounds to lose and then I lost 3, gained 3, lost 3, gained 3....etc.

I just really want to get back to the weight I was before I had our last baby (yes, you heard that right, mom- our last and final :)

I know I am probably being self centered and proud- wanting to look good....but what if I say I just want to be back to how I was for my husband? I know it should be enough to just be healthy- but I think everyone wants to be back to how they used to be...or is it just me?

I have been nagging Dave about a certain soft drink that he has a slight addiction to- (not Diet Coke, that was so 2010. The drink rhymes with salt and is a neon yellow color...). Since I am always trying to make deals and have contests with him about who can lose the most weight, etc., he made a deal....

The deal is that if I lose the 5 pounds (and get to a certain weight) he will quit drinking ____! I think he is hoping I will do it so that I will quit moaning about those pesky 5 pounds and whining about my many diets!!

In the past, I have been on the yogurt diet, the soup diet, Weight Watchers, counting calories, etc, etc......and now I am on the Save My Husband Diet.

And that is why I posted the photo of the cake balls we ate at Starbucks today (see what I am working with here?!? Why would someone go to Starbucks for cake balls when they are supposedly on a diet!?!)


We also went to the library.....



And the park.

Now I am getting on the treadmill and eating cabbage.

How was your day?

6 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

I'm with you, Sweets. Stop by my blog for some motivation!:) Lori

manda said...

This post made me giggle and I cannot for the life of me figure out what Dave is addicted to...all I think about is malt! I am going to lose sleep over this and I hope I will bolt out of bed in the middle of the night and yell "Eureka!!"

Stephanie said...

All I could think about is Malt too, so what is it?

I was just being really good, and dieting for about 2 weeks and started to feel a difference, but then Jackson's birthday and my birthday happened and well we were eating more then just a cake ball :) Now I feel like I have to start all over again :( I need a good incentive like yours! Good luck!!

Wendy said...

Good-- I'm not alone. I'm stuck on malt. What on earth is he addicted to? I actually started going through the alphabet rhyming words (and I'm sure this will make me feel dumb later, when you tell me what it is.)

Seems like the 5-10 range is the hardest to take off. I'm also trying to lose about that: 7 lbs to be exact. I had a whole wardrobe that fit me, and I felt great... and now nothing fits right. :( Boo.

The Save the Husband Diet sounds like a fabulous plan. My Man is addicted to Mt Dew, in a big way. Plus he buys candy every time he goes to the store, and his office often caters meals. And he loves fried food. In 13 years, I've ~never~ seen him eat a salad. Just so you know. But if you can rise to the challenge, so can I.
It's SO on. I'm going to broach the idea to my husband tomorrow. Maybe we'll save both their lives, and lose our weight in the process. ;)

Rambling Heather said...

Im attempting to lose those last 10 pounds that like me so well. For me that means cutting the sugar and carbs, not fun. Good luck. Those cake balls look delish!

Ruth said...

I can so relate. I have been trying to lose five pounds forever. They just won't go away. I have been working out again and hope that it help.

I am glad to hear that others could only think of malt. I was thinking my brain was in a funk to only think of that. I felt so dumb. Now what on earth is it?

BTW~the cake balls at Starbucks look too good. Who could resist.

Ruth