Thursday, March 31, 2011

the 17 day diet

Have you heard about the 17 day diet? I have been on it since Monday and lost 2 pounds already. It is basically a low carb diet where you drink green tea at each meal- have no fruit after 2pm, make sure to have yogurt daily...eat lots and lots of lean protein and lots of veggies. Each 17 day cycle is a little different (there are 4 cycles) and I think that you can add foods back in each cycle.


I love it when I am on a program- it makes it easier to diet- just follow the rules. No calorie counting, no guessing about what I am going to eat. Oh! And you start the day with a glass of warm water and the juice of one lemon.


Green tea is my friend...with truvia (made from stevia) instead of sugar. Salad is my friend....I have not been hungry on this diet. I think I can last all 17 days...((I think I can, I think I can)) it has helped that I lost a pound right off the first day.


The fried turkey patties are my "treat" :)


Oh yeah- this was a good one....chicken, lettuce, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper...and just for fun- carrot sticks!!! Do you think I'm crazy?


And for dessert- BROCCOLI DELIGHT!

It is all for you, Darlin'....all for you :)

(thank you to my mom for starting me down this way of thinking and then my friend who sent me the 17 day info and my walking partner who has lost 17 pounds on a low carb diet...I would also like to thank my sponsor...Lipton Green Tea........:)

9 comments:

Kellie said...

You go girl!

Rain said...

Of 17 days-I would predict I'd last 17 minutes...........but you go girl! Rah-rah--good job!! I truly wish you well!!

Jennifer said...

so did you buy the book? I'd love to take a look at it? I've seen him on tv and it looked like he has great results, but I din't want to buy the book right away.

Rambling Heather said...

Good luck, its not fun but SO WORTH IT! I lost 40 pounds after my son was born, South Beach Baby!!

Lauren said...

Great job! Healthy is GREAT..but I always have to have my "secret" junk stash. Not sure why I call it "secret". Everyone in my house (and out) knows about it! Keep up the great work!

Ruth said...

I have a hard time sticking to a diet when I am cooking regular meals for the rest of the family.

Ruth

Stephanie said...

Good for you! I think I'm going to eat bad this weekend and then start a diet on Monday, maybe I should track it on my blog... then it's possible to stick :)

Pam said...

You go, girl! Looks tasty to me!

Sue said...

Good job, Sara! You described it exactly and all the reasons you cited for liking it are my reasons too. I have adopted this way of eating as a way of life now except it was really hard at Disneyland. I love this diet because I find it easy to cook for my family and no matter where you go you can make good/better choices. I just have to add rice, potatoes, or pasta for the kids' meals. I add an extra steamed veggie for my husband and me. My "treat" at night is plain yogurt with Truvia stuck in the freezer for about 30 minutes so it feels like an ice cream treat. And, if I really want to "cheat" I eat a piece of fruit at night and I love that I now consider that cheating. LOL!