Thursday, February 10, 2011

'staches, scarves, & a heart garland.....

Thanks, Laurie at Barnyard antics, for the stylish blogger award! You are so sweet. I guess Kindergarten Chic must be stylish now :) :)

To accept this award I must list 7 things about myself......


mustache idea found here

1} I can't wait til V-day! We are going to do the exact same thing as last year. Drop the kids at church where our wonderfully kind Pastor, Nancy, and family will watch all the church kids while we get to go on dates. Dave and I stayed home last year and ate Outback takeout and Coldstone cupcakes, watched a movie with a fire in the fireplace. There is no where I would rather be than at home with my sweet man and no one else :)


2] I am still crazy about scarves and wear them allll the time.

3} I am still crazy about black and white stripes and wear them all the time.

4] I am still crazy about polka dots.



5} The best book I have read recently is In Light of Eternity by Randy Alcorn. This book will change your life. The more I learn about heaven, what the Bible says about heaven, and think about the things Randy has written that heaven may be about- I am amazed! Heaven is like all the great things on earth - just perfect and without sadness, sin, and pain. When we get to heaven it will be like coming home- a perfect fit- a wonderful, amazing place where we will be with God! Can you even imagine?? Read the book- it will help you imagine. (I was just on his website and see he has a Heaven for Kids book).


6] I am crazy about garlands! My mom made us a heart garland- I got it in the mail yesterday! It is sooo cute.



7} get ready for this one...it may be a shocker:
I love chalkboards and chalkboard paint :)

...............................................................
welcome to any new readers and those who are here via ohdeedoh. I was so excited that they posted about my hallway library! I have had a few questions about it. I'll try to remember:
I had the wood cut into 35 inch pieces and I did not use a stencil for the painting- you will see if you look close- just found a pattern that I liked and painted it on. More questions? You can e-mail me at saramincy @ gmail.com

10 comments:

Kellie said...

You are just the cutest... a bright spot in the day! Thanks Friend!

Bethany said...

Congrats! That's awesome! You are very stylish & always put a smile on my face! =)

Little Mama said...

I am so excited for you Stylish Blogger and Ohdeedoh!! Congrats! Love the heart banner from your mom. Those packages are always so special!

Lauren said...

We are two peas in a pod, sara! Stripes, polka dots, scarves....garland! It's those little things that always make my heart sparkle!!!!! AND...I'm sooo going to make your Valentines/Christmas wreath candy thingamajigs! YUM! We are going on a V Day date this weekend...now do I wear my black and white striped leggings or bust out the red leggings? :) :) :) Yes, it's the little things!

Chrissie Grace said...

You are the cutest!
I'm going to check out that book, I've been looking for something good to read :)

Stephanie said...

Your Valentine's day plans sounds so nice and cozy!

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

You look so pretty with your scarf.
I heart the mustache you a question.
BAHAHHAAHA.
Jack is wearing his b/w striped baby legs today, just for you :)

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I had to show Rich your mustache picture-it's hilarious. I noticed that your socks last night matched your black and white stripe top and checked scarf. You are so coordinated:)

Mrs. Hahn said...

I just found your blog due to the shout out from Paintedpaper. GREAT blog. I love your overlapping patterns in your world. I knew I had to be a follower when I saw the mustaches. So glad to have found you, you will not be on my blog roll:)

MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

heeeheee I can't get over the moustache card. Too cute!! I love the way you do seasonal garlands, too!