Monday, February 21, 2011

soo 'cited! Boys' room has been clean for 3 days.

A more clean and organized closet for the boys!!


Much better use of the space...I bought the hanging shelves for $15 each. the hanging rod on the bottom right for $10ish. The lamper (laundry basket/hamper) for $7, the green baskets on the top shelf- $4 each. Black hangers for one boy and white hangers for another $4 for all. Everything came from Target. The maps I had on hand- taped to the wall.



They like that everything has a place. They know exactly where to put every single thing. Each boy has a desk with each drawer full of the papers and toys and junk they want to keep. Books go on the bookshelf (what a concept!) They each have a plastic drawer organizer for legos so if needed they can take the drawer out and take the legos elsewhere to be played with.


The dresser holds all underwear, socks, jammies, belts, and t-shirts. The rest of their clothing goes in the closet - and shoes are still in the kitchen area (by the back door) in shoe bins.


Remember the before?

Much better! We will see how it holds up. I feel like their room is finally organized and boy friendly- not as cute as when I finished the initial makeover- but very functional- and that is what a kids' room is about, right?? Fun and Functional- and not always cute :)

15 comments:

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

Looks fantastic to me.
I have those green bins in Jack's room. Love 'em.

Little Mama said...

love it! an organized room is so great! i love love the maps!!

Pam said...

LOVE the use of space in the closet! Great idea to hang the maps on the back wall of the closet. It would make we want to pack some of those clothes in a suitcase and take a trip!

Jennifer said...

looks great....now come organize mine!! I wish we could fit two desks in our room.....we can't even get one in there, but I'd love to have them

Lauren said...

Looks wonderful! I just took a trash bag into the girls' bedrooms and now they are so clean! I'm sure by tomorrow, it will be a different story! :)

Chrissie Grace said...

It looks great. I love the maps too, and how you organized the closet:)

gailsgarden said...

Very nice! I would love to see it every month to see how they are doing.

Sue said...

Great job, Sara! Thank for the ideas and inspiration. I'll be overhauling a boys' closet soon - I can feel it coming on. We took the doors off all closets to paint when we moved in and we never put the doors back on. I love it that way.

Keri said...

Love the remodel and I bet the boys do too!!!

Ruth said...

Wow! The room looks amazing.

Ruth

HeatherK said...

Well aren't I going to be anal? Yes I am! Readying to do my boys room (the poor dears have only been waiting for 4 years while we leave them for the last!) and like your green, girl! Green is HARD...shades and such. So make my life easy and tell me the color you have and I can make a quick go of it! YEH!! I'm using you to simplify my life!!! Doesn't that feel good?? Well...I sure think so! :-)

HeatherK said...

Sara!!! You haven't responded yet and it's been a whole 15 minutes! What on EARTH could be keeping you from my every whim and request!? lol Teasing. But you are SO not getting out of telling me the color..cuz it's SPRING and I am practically PACING like a tiger to get at SOME project to make SPring OFFICIAL!

HeatherK said...

I noticed you have white trim...which of course looks great with every color. We still have the dark wood everywhere...hmm...I guess either ignore it or paint it. gulp.
I had ripped out a magazine clipping YEARS ago with green walls, maps and globes, and navy and red beddings for a boys room..chalkboard closet doors....still love it all these years later!

Heather said...

OK...I'm going to venture into the unknown..beyond using an Name/URL so that I don't have to check in to this post everyday to get your response! Ugh. Wish me luck!
HeatherK

sara's art house said...

Heather! So sorry- I'm not sure what the paint is called. I got it at Wal-MArt and it was some green good name...pistacio??